New WI Channel Boat Launch outside of RedWing

• Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Does anyone know anything about this launch (see pic). I launched there this fall and there were a bunch of state launch signs but I was unsure if you need a pass or not to launch. No one was around so I didn’t get ticketed if I wasn’t supposed to be there. I believe the launch was redone early last fall. Any info would be great. thanks!

Attachments:
    1. Wi-Channel-Boat-Ramp.jpg

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Open to public. Use whenever you’d like.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

$5. or a county pass to park.

fishermatt
    Southern Minnesota

There is a pay box by the porta potty. Fill out the envelope and drop $5 in the box and put the pass on your dash.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

$5. or a county pass to park.

BK, do you know what the county pass would cost (for either resident of WI or non resident)?

FisherMatt, are the passes just hung next to the pay box?

WarEagle

They are hung right next to the box. I almost got a ticket for it this winter. Why did this become a pay to park place? I guess I will now fork out more money to everts! I thought it wasn’t going to be a pay to play ramp?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I pay $35/yr at Prescott. Can’t imagine that landing is much different, although Prescott wants up to $13/launch without the annual so maybe that one will be less expensive

fishermatt
    Southern Minnesota

Annual is $30 at the back channel.

There is a pay box with day passes and pencils. The pass is carbon paper and copies what you write onto the envelope. Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep a pen in your truck for the time the pencils disappear.

I’ve already saw several people use the ramp without paying. I don’t know how much they patrol it, but I figure I better pay my 5 bucks and not worry about a parking ticket.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I pay $35/yr at Prescott.

That’s because you’re a resident of Prescott. Last I heard it was $80. for us non residents.

ozzyky
    On water

They mail you the annual pass if you choose to go that route. Then display the sticker on your windshield

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I pay $35/yr at Prescott.

That’s because you’re a resident of Prescott. Last I heard it was $80. for us non residents.

Prescott non-res is $50. They just told me that over the phone.
    Where did you hear $80? That’s Hudson swindler territory. And thank you for the yearly reminder to tell Hudson what I think of their seasonal non-res boat launch fee. KMA you criminals.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

About 9 years ago Mike. I didn’t get down there right away and decided to move into Everts. I haven’t had need for one since.

Not sure if I heard wrong or they went down in price. $50. is a good deal if a person gets there early, weekdays and not on a holiday.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

$80 for Hudson would be a deal for nonresident

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Thanks Matt, that is good to know, so $30 so I can fish my crappies, $50 dollars so I can fish my walleyes in Prescott, and $7 dollars a time to go visit BK, doesn’t sound too bad!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Everts reduced their launching passes to $5.00 when the new management took over.

I don’t recall the exact date, but sometime around June the launch fee will be…. -zero- until fall.

‘course there is still a $7. charge to come and see me. )

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

re is still a $7. charge to come and see me

I am glad with your guiding coming to an end this year that you haven’t tried to make up income but upping my “personal” charge to come see you! I appreciate it!

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Launch on the MN side, our accesses are paid for and maintained with dollars from our Hunting and Fishing licenses and Federal Dingle-Johnson funds which are generated by sales tax on Outdoor equipment and fuel.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Launch on the MN side, our accesses are paid for and maintained with dollars from our Hunting and Fishing licenses and Federal Dingle-Johnson funds which are generated by sales tax on Outdoor equipment and fuel.

…I agree with you. But on the Wi side of the Big Creek. You will not have to go thru the HASSLE with DNR SHERIFF etc. Are ALL plugs out in your boat.?! The last time I put in on the MN side I had the drains open in both live wells that you open from the dash. Well that is not good E-Nuff.! Because I did not pull the other drain plug in the wells, I was In violation.! Had to kill all my minnows etc.! Wi side is hassle free. … rrr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I have to agree with RRR. There is no good reason to go to MN with a boat. The river is infested with everything already and there’s a portion of the boating population that never see any water but the river.
    I would gladly pay the $5. at either the back channel or Everts to avoid the ramp hassle.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.