New truck paint protection film?

• haleysgold
    SE MN

Has anybody purchased Paint Protection film for their new truck?

GM dealer uses a 3M brand film.

Wondering if anyone has had it done, what parts of the truck di you have it applied?
    Were you satisfied with the results?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We put it on every vehicle we buy. 1 ft up the food and front fenders, 2 inches around each door to protect from when the kids open the doors and hit things on accident and all along the bottom and fenders to protect from rock chips.

nord

haleysgold, I had it put on my boat trailer in 2019 when it was new. They put on the sides going back to the fenders, and on the fenders, plus the cross beams under the trailer. Tony, at Sign Pro, told me a lot of truckers were putting it on the front of their cabs. Anyway, after 5 years it’s still looking good and doing its job! Hope this helps.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My truck has the 3M protection too on the front similar to how Bearcat described above. The previous owner must have had it installed. I bought the vehicle about 1.5 years ago with 18k miles on it.

Initially, I could see a faint line about halfway up the hood and along the paneling sides, not knowing what it was.

Stanley

I see paint protection film quite often at work. I don’t know brands or which is better but from what I see it does its job and seems to hold up well. I think you would be happy with it.

munchy
    NULL

We traded my wifes CRV in a few weeks ago, it had the 3M protection on the hood. They ADDED $500 to the trade in value for it. Just something to keep in mind.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Thanks for all the replies and information.
    I ended up scheduling the PP done by a local installer Rochester.
    Got a much better price than the dealer offered me.

I started a thread on the 6.2L gasser vs 3.0L diesel recently.
    I ended up going with the diesel.
    I’ll post a pic in that thread.

Thanks much!

jwellsy

Do the recent films yellow slightly?
    The ones from a few years ago would yellow slightly over time. Not enough to be noticeable on most paint colors, but very visible on white paint.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.