New to the forum

• Tony B. (fivebyfive)
    Southeast Michigan

Hey guys,

I’m new to the forum. Since all this virus crap has us on lock down here in Michigan, I find myself with too much time on my hands. Now there are whispers that the state may close down all the boat ramps. That would SUCK! If I can’t fish I will probably jump off a bridge. On the other hand, there’s probably some kind of social distancing rule against jumping off bridges so I may have to come up with another plan….

Anyway, I am very aware that forums don’t usually like new members to post videos from their own YouTube channel. Being aware of that I thought I would ask permission first. I made a video of my Tracker bass boat, and another video of my kayak and how I have it rigged. I was thinking of posting them here but I’m trying to be sensitive to proper etiquette.

I don’t make any money from my videos because I’m not monetized. I’m not trying to get clicks. I’m just bored. And I have found that making and sharing videos right now clears my head. So if you prefer I don’t I respect that. In any event since I discovered this board I intend to visit often.

Stay safe!
    Fivebyfive

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Welcome.

If you aren’t pumping product I don’t think posting a video is against the rules.

Politics & virus stuff is frowned upon. wink

patk
    Nisswa, MN

X2 with Dutchboy. Most of the sentiment here is if you’re not just dropping links for clicks but actually contributing to the fishing discussions it’s cool. Feel free to join in on some of the other discussions

Welcome wave

Tony B. (fivebyfive)
    Southeast Michigan

Thanks for the replys. I’m just cruising around the forum now looking at the various topics. I’ll surely be participating.

Since I’m posting vids about my boat and kayak, where is the proper place to post those? General? Big boy toys (which sub board)? I’m grateful for your help.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Dump them here. If somebody doesn’t like it they will move it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I say post away. Some here hate youtube video’s and others like them. The haters are free to pass the post and the likers are free to watch. Welcome to the site – There are some great guys on here with a ton of knowledge.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Welcome 5×5 but whats a kayak? whistling

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Post it here, be great to see how you have them set up.
    Great to have you here.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Welcome aboard and have at it .

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Welcome, Tony. If you scroll through the comments, you’ll see that everyone who replied has included his general location in his profile. You might want to do that. It helps with getting relevant replies. Some guys here assume everyone who fishes is from Minnesota. wink

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.