New Skeeter Fever?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

How long will it take to not be concerned about getting sand in the boat?

Although I like not having to clean off my shoes or anything else for that matter when I’m in the Lund, it just doesn’t compare to the ride, power and comfort of the Solera 189.

No, I’m not bragging, I’m in love!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7452.jpg

2. IMG_7439.jpg

3. IMG_7483.jpg

4. IMG_7505.jpg

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Ya got a scratch in it yet? mad

robby
    Quad Cities

BK, I have a Skeeter too. Its older but solid and reliable. I still cringe when I or or someone else drags sand or mud into her. Lol. She never complains. Id gladly marry a woman named Skeeter. Lol. Congrats!!!

robby
    Quad Cities

That said, if you’re dragging nasty flatheads into your boat. Your Skeeter is not going to complain at all over a little Sand.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Nice ride BK!

Heck, I get uptight about sand in my 85 forester after doing the carpet this year.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

No, I’m not bragging, I’m in love!

You’re in love?? Oh how easy is it to “fall in love” with a beautiful woman. ‘Cause she’s beautiful. Perhaps it is lust. Worry about sand?
    The beautiful woman loses the luster when she tells you to clean up before bed…if you’re allowed in bed? Take your shoes off before you come in here. chased

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Yet? The first time out there was a NICE dock scratch in her!

Tony at Skeeter Boat Center made her look like new again.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Yet? The first time out there was a NICE dock scratch in her!

Tony at Skeeter Boat Center made her look like new again.

queenswake
    NULL

That model is on the top of my list. Any complaints with it so far? I notice you don’t have the top on it. Is it that because you don’t use it or is it annoying in some way? I have been wondering about how annoying it is in that top position and if you took it off, would it fit inside if you laid it down on the floor?

Nice, nice boat and that is the exact color combo I’d go with as well. I just have to work up the courage to spend that kind of money.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

oh would the scratcher II love to rub his junk all over her!! lol it would bring back memories of the ranger that gave me the name!!!

Mike Stephens
    WI.

How do you like the motor prop setup? Kinda hard to see how many horses the engine is. And did you need to experiment with prop pitches? Very nice boat you have there buddy.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

How much Spam/Hamms is Dean/SBC giving you for plugging Skeeter? whistling

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It works the other way around. You bring cookies to Dean and he allows you to buy a Skeeter. lol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

How do you like the motor prop setup? Kinda hard to see how many horses the engine is. And did you need to experiment with prop pitches? Very nice boat you have there buddy.

Solera 189 comes standard with Yamaha 150.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mxskeeter wrote:</div>

It works the other way around. You bring cookies to Dean and he allows you to buy a Skeeter. lol

How well I know DB! It also cost me an Uno’s pizza! Dean smiled all the way to the bank! doah

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That model is on the top of my list. Any complaints with it so far? I notice you don’t have the top on it. Is it that because you don’t use it or is it annoying in some way? I have been wondering about how annoying it is in that top position and if you took it off, would it fit inside if you laid it down on the floor?

Nice, nice boat and that is the exact color combo I’d go with as well. I just have to work up the courage to spend that kind of money.

QW There’s three (well 4 if you count open) positions for the Bimini.

1) In your garage out of the boat. Stinks when you realize it would be nice to have for the sun.
    2) With the frame up but not deployed. This is an excellent position except for one little problem. The boat cover.
    3) Laying down on the back jump seats. There when a person needs it. If you have 6 people in the boat, I would want to raise it up to the #2 position.

#3 allows a person to pull the cover over the boat which I do each time I put it away for the day.

As far as props go, when I first took the boat out it was great with one person in the boat. When I had 4 in it there was some porpoising. I told Dean and Tony about it and from what I recall the motor was one or two holes high. They may have changed the prop too but to be honest, I let them fix it and didn’t worry about the details.

With the Yammi 150 Sho (super high output) it jumps up on plane and scoots down the river faster then what I need. I can always get 44 mph and have seen 48.

I have a leak in the built in cooler. One email to Brandon in the service dept and I forget about it because it’s being handled.

No, I’m not being compensated for posting this.
    If you know how he handled his customers (they are all friends to Dean) when he was at the resort, well he hasn’t changed.

Straight shooter before the sale and takes care of you after the sale.

Attachments:
    1. 2017-Skeeter-Solera-189.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS it’s two pins to pull to lay the frame down and 4 pins to take it out completely.
    It’s big and clumsy to remove by myself so I have the fW around if I’m going to leave the top in the garage…which I’ve only done once.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

@boyd, you keep your junk at safe distance! doah

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

will do B.K. I just had a great laugh thanks and I will try to keep my distance lmao!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

@queenswake The other post about bimini’s reminded me of one item I didn’t care for.

The bimini covers the riders in back better then the driver.

There’s zippers on it but the company that makes them doesn’t have any additions (sides or extensions to the windshield) for them at this time.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mxskeeter wrote:</div>

How well I know DB! It also cost me an Uno’s pizza! Dean smiled all the way to the bank! doah

Uno’s & Caramel rolls !!!!! Works for me anytime !!!!!! :]

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Even when they are clearly marked for BK, I normally only get to see a picture of them half eaten.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Didn’t I entrust cookies with you for Dean one time? How did that turn out?

One

Nice boat.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I don’t remember. If I don’t remember, it didn’t happen.

Thanks One.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I don’t remember. If I don’t remember, it didn’t happen.

Thanks One.

Sounds waaaay to familiar ! :]

queenswake
    NULL

@queenswake The other post about bimini’s reminded me of one item I didn’t care for.

The bimini covers the riders in back better then the driver.

There’s zippers on it but the company that makes them doesn’t have any additions (sides or extensions to the windshield) for them at this time.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I’m sure I could take it to a canvas shop and have them make the full enclosure when I need that.

Yeah, thinking long and hard about this boat and you are the only guy talking about it anywhere on the internet so I follow it closely! Definitely glad for your pics, video, and comments. I’ll have to talk to SBC to see if they expect any changes for 2018. I’m sure at year 2 of the model it will only be color changes, if that. Thanks again.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I’ll have to talk to SBC to see if they expect any changes for 2018. I’m sure at year 2 of the model it will only be color changes, if that. Thanks again.

I believe there’s plans for a 20′ version in the next year or two.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.