New Ram 1500 opinions

• candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

I have a 2016 Ram with the air suspension and have had zero problems with it, even when it was minus 30 degrees for 2 days last week. I use the air suspension everyday to lower it so it is easier for my short wife to get in and out of. I will buy another Ram when the time comes.

snelson223
    Austin MN

So went and priced one out today and so much for thinking that they were cheaper than the other manufacturers. $58,000 for a Big Horn. Doesn’t even have leather but has a lot of other options.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

So went and priced one out today and so much for thinking that they were cheaper than the other manufacturers. $58,000 for a Big Horn. Doesn’t even have leather but has a lot of other options.

Yeah that’s why I went 1 year old and 3xxx on it. 25xxx

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’d drive 10 94s before I spend t 50k on a truck

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

Mine is a 2016 ram and it was the 6th one brought in to local dealer with same issues. I did a search on the issue and found it to be a somewhat common problem in the cold weather up north. I hope they find a fix the problem as I really like everything about the truck.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine is a 2016 ram and it was the 6th one brought in to local dealer with same issues. I did a search on the issue and found it to be a somewhat common problem in the cold weather up north. I hope they find a fix the problem as I really like everything about the truck.

Are we talking air suspension? Mine did not have that if so. But I put air bags in the rear for pulling the shack. And no problem. But I wouldn’t want a stock air ride

milemark_714

I would go online,and start price shopping.Look for a volume dealer,sometimes a little drive can save a bunch.

Those prices are insane,an almost fully loaded Ram 1500 Club cab cost about 22k back in 1996.And I got it for 18,500 with employee discount.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

But I wouldn’t want a stock air ride

I’ve had two different Rams with the stock air suspension, and they’ve been flawless in all conditions. Now that I’ve had it, I won’t go without it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d look around some more, I found my 2017 Big Horn with 7000 miles at Brandl Motors in Little Falls, and got it for about half that.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>snelson223 wrote:</div>

I’d look around some more, I found my 2017 Big Horn with 7000 miles at Brandl Motors in Little Falls, and got it for about half that.

I paid half that as well my truck had less then 4k on it. Let alone it wasnt brand spanking new and probably doesn’t have all of what a 19 has. But it has plenty to be considered fancy

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Wait, what?!
    It would need $20k in options to get to that price. A 2019 Big Horn with HEMI engine is in the middle-upper 30s out the door…

Attachments:
    1. Ram1500.jpg

CaptainMusky

I put on 20k per year and if I drive them too long resale drops so I trade often. Not one issue with any of the trucks.

I would hope you would not have any problems, the trucks haven’t any time on them.

Well, the question was posed why I trade so often and one could surmise that it would be because of issues so I wanted to make sure to point it out.
    Of course I expect a new vehicle to be issue free, but some are not so lucky.

Smellson

You should be able to get an easy 20% off MSRP up to maybe 24% off. Check out Forest Lake Ram. Either way, should be able to get a Big Horn with most the bells and whistles for under $40k

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Related question from the responses I’m reading:

Are these 4K-7k mile trucks you’re finding dealer loaners I wonder? Possibly really low mileage lease returns? I never would have thought people would trade in a 18-24mo old truck with such low mileage.

Asking because clearly I need to be looking for these unicorns when it’s time to shop again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Related question from the responses I’m reading:

Are these 4K-7k mile trucks you’re finding dealer loaners I wonder? Possibly really low mileage lease returns? I never would have thought people would trade in a 18-24mo old truck with such low mileage.

Asking because clearly I need to be looking for these unicorns when it’s time to shop again.

Both of the last 2 I purchased were single owner vehicles. I went to eide in pine city and dodge in forest lake to tell them I was looking for a certain truck between x millage and both times they came back to me when some one found one. The wife’s last car had 8k on it and it was a loaner for the folks who worked through the dealership

blackbay

Any of you Dodge guys have front end issues? Most of my buddies that have Dodges have had issues with tie rods, ball joints etc.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Are these 4K-7k mile trucks you’re finding dealer loaners I wonder? Possibly really low mileage lease returns?

Mine was a single owner whose wife passed away, so he traded in his new truck and her new car for a new jeep. Most of these dealerships have ongoing relationships with the “Joneses” who upgrade every 2-3 years, so they know the back story. As long as you find a salesman you trust it can help a lot, in my case my cousin works for Brandl so that’s where I always start. But my 2011 I bought with 20k miles off of Craigslist, and it was a great truck for me.

Any of you Dodge guys have front end issues?

My 2011 was due for some tie rods and possibly ball joints w/ 150k miles on it, which was a financial factor in trading it in.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Thanks for the responses, guys!

I bought a new truck in 2016 so hopefully it’s a while before I need them, but going to have to put those tricks in my back pocket for the future.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just so we all know. These trucks are not dodges any more. Ram is a brand of it’s own. I noticed this every oil change I do. When I flip through the booklet getting my oil filter number. It’s not listed under dodge. And I just put my truck in for tires and he reinsurer me it’s not a dodge it’s a ram big horn

404 ERROR
    MN

Sorry…had to.

Attachments:
    1. 5D4F34E5-9D4D-45CA-AF3B-34187EFDB8C1.jpeg

queenswake
    NULL

Count me in the group that is not yet ready to go over to a Chrysler product. My mind is more open than it used to be, but there is a lot of bad history to get over. This is similar to how a lot of guys refuse to consider a Mercury motor because of their past bad experiences in the 80s and 90s with them. Even though today’s Mercurys are a completely different thing and have no issues.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m quite certain my dad was spinning like a top in his grave when I drove my Dodge home.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

If your considering a ram give me a heads up. Know a guy well that owns a ram dealer good to work with.

Viewing 24 posts - 61 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.