New pellet grill

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Finally just found a good price on a pellet grill and bought it. Been wanting one for a couple years, and I’m already addicted. Did a chuck roast with espresso rub and a balsamic mop sauce…it’s like beef candy

Attachments:
    1. 09C7A88D-BBFB-4853-A26A-8C4651F11FC4.jpeg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Craig, maybe you selected the wrong pic? Isn’t that a pic of a pig and not of a cow?

I’m just thinking it is the “Y” bone of a pork butt, just asking?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

“espresso rub and a balsamic mop sauce” that has my attention!!

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

My mom buys a cow from a local farmer and it was packaged as a chuck roast. I know it was beef but not sure on cuts. Regardless, it had all the fat and marbling of a chuck. Send me a PM Denny and I’ll tell u more, I’ve seen ur pics and know you’d appreciate

sji

That looks awesome Craig. Nevermind Doubting Denny, he is the resident picture critic in here. Morning Denny! coffee

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

I’m looking for a pellet grill. What did you go with? I’ve been leaning towards the new Camp Chef as I like the option to smoke and grill.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Found a pit boss 440d at target for 319

Denny O
    Central IOWA

That looks awesome Craig. Nevermind Doubting Denny, he is the resident picture critic in here. Morning Denny! coffee

Good evening, ??? Friend?? rotflol

Craig, I apologize for being a Debbie Doubter, it was just that I’ve never seen a beef chuck cut with a Y bone. That said, I have had only a couple of beef butchered for the freezer in my lifetime. After all aren’t all beef cut raised in the cooler @ the meat store? hah

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Finally just found a good price on a pellet grill and bought it. Been wanting one for a couple years, and I’m already addicted. Did a chuck roast with espresso rub and a balsamic mop sauce…it’s like beef candy

That looks to be a chuckeye cut awsome tender cut. I get that cut all the time at my favorite shop.
    The beef on the underside of that bone is awsome.

Attachments:
    1. 20190914_181144.jpg

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

You are correct sinker it is a chuck eye, I checked the other package

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Yep your hooked. A cut like that for one of your starters will get ya. Look forward to your future post. There is a lot out there to grill/smoke.
    For me that roast is my go to.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

. After all aren’t all beef cut raised in the cooler @ the meat store?

I think its cool we learn new things while we question what we see. I didn’t know about this bone till last year when the cutter gave this to me. The history was I was asking about short ribs while ordering the roast. He gave me a taste of what was below that cut. The point is we enjoy learning from each other.

Buckeye1

Joe, check out Rec Tec. They are awesome. Heavy duty, all stainless steel including the grates (big deal for me). The controller holds temps to within a degree or two. They just updated d the WiFi all today. All the beta testers are facing about it.

Buckeye1

Raving about it. Darn auto guessing spell incorrector.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Been really happy with my Pit Boss. Made up 7 racks of ribs and 2 1/2 pans of cowboy beans. Towards the end I added a pan of strawberry rhubarb crisp. What a feast.

Attachments:
    1. 20200515_122120.jpg

2. 20200515_164521.jpg

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Sorry, could not resist.

[/url]

Ever since I saw this meme I’ve had to second guess considering a pellet grill. coffee

Jon Cutlan

Check out YouTube channel – Meat Church. If he can cook on a pellet grill no one should be ashamed.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I just put in another order for Meat Church seasonings. Been using Holy Cow and The Gospel, nothing but super impressed so I’m going out a couple others. I order the bags of seasonings more economical.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I bought a Masterbuilt Gravity 560 Charcoal / wood smoker about a month ago. I wanted the ease of a pellet grill, but like the flavor of lump charcoal and actual wood better. My new favorite cut of meat is a Tri Tip roast. I’ll have to try one of those chuck eye’s!

Jon Cutlan

Tri tip. Yes!

Traeger has a great easy tri tip recipe.

You would not regret.

Traeger Tri-Tip Roast

Buckeye1

Costco has a great pre marinated Tri tip also.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Sorry, could not resist.

[/url]

Ever since I saw this meme I’ve had to second guess considering a pellet grill. coffee

Are you sure that’s a button in the front facing pic?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.