new ice fishing suit

• mark chiamp

have had a 1 piece cabelas trans alaska suit for 10 years, kinda heavy and worn out, what would you guys say is the warmest and in your opinion the best jacket/bibs, thanks, only 5’7 tall so how easy it is to hem at the bottom is important to me.

SconnieFib

I think everyone will have a favorite brand, but I don’t think there is anything that is warmer than the Striker Climate Suit. The length is adjustable by folding the bottom up and snapping it into place, and mine have never come undone. It also has removable insulation for warmer days.

I do not own, nor have I tried the Eskimo float suits, but I am impressed with their price point. Hopefully someone can comment on their impressions there but if I were to buy one today that is where I would look just to save a couple hundred dollars.

Reed

I have a Striker Predator bibs and really like them. Their new Apex suits look pretty cool, but man they are priced high!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love my striker climate suit.

Erik Swenson

I love my striker climate suit.

x2 – not perfect, but versatile and like Sconnie said adjustable.

I’ve had mine for a good 8 seasons now. Did send in for repair on one knee several years back and they did it free of charge despite out of warranty period.

stevenoak

Used to see a Frabil Snow Suit advertised here in the classifieds now and then. They don’t make them anymore. But I like mine better than anything else I’ve seen. Been a while since I’ve seen one though.

mark chiamp

THANK YOU GUYS, I THINK IM GONNA GO WITH A STRIKER…..

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I’m looking REALLY hard at either a legend or superior suit from Eskimo. Will pull the trigger here in a week or so.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Striker bibs with the L&M Brand coat. The L&M Brand parka is actually from Anorakk and is nothing short of fantastic.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Used to see a Frabil Snow Suit advertised here in the classifieds now and then. They don’t make them anymore. But I like mine better than anything else I’ve seen. Been a while since I’ve seen one though.

I have owned the original Frabil snow suite since the 1st year they were made. I still have and use them. I did break down last year and purchase striker predator bib and Jacket. The climate seemed like it would be way to warm for me. I tend to move alot while ice fishing. was really happy with the Predator setup

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stevenoak wrote:</div>

I have owned the original Frabil snow suite since the 1st year they were made. I still have and use them. I did break down last year and purchase striker predator bib and Jacket. The climate seemed like it would be way to warm for me. I tend to move alot while ice fishing. was really happy with the Predator setup

I move alot to. Never sit still. I only wear the jacket when on wheeler otherwise it’s bibs and a flannel for me. But the liners of the climate jacket is my everyday jacket when not at work.

Ripjiggen

^^^predator was warm enough for me they way I fish. It is easier to layer up to stay warm. Hate big bulky jackets

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would go to a store (soon) and try on each brand to see which fits you best. The big three brands (Clam, Striker, Eskimo) all make a great suit that will keep you warm and dry.

Clam did come out with a “stout” size this year designed for shorter individuals. Might want to check that out.

Gilgetter

I’m looking REALLY hard at either a legend or superior suit from Eskimo. Will pull the trigger here in a week or so.

I have the Eskimo suit. I use it for ice and for fall and spring in the boat. It’s nice and warm and has been holding up great.

I had a Striker suit and actually didn’t care for the bibs.

I love their gloves and mittens though

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I have the striker hardwater and they are amazing. Had a super great black friday deal last year on the 2019 model. Only thing is you cant remove the insulation layer but man I rarely ever need a shack when im alone.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.