New Hewescraft 180 Pro V ET

• Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

I’ve fallen in love with the windshield forward layout and particularly the Hewescraft boats for our style of fishing. I went to the boat show thinking I was going to buy a Sea Runner 190 ET Hard Top, but after seeing them side by side, I knew it was to much boat for us. So I decided to get the 180 Pro V ET with canvas enclosure. Just found out that it is a done deal!

Yes I realize it will be rougher riding and it’s being equipped with appropriate suspension seating to compensate!

Think I will be taking delivery of this beauty (eye of the beholder) in a month or so.

Who’s going to help me get her all dirty with sturgeon and catfish slime?

Attachments:
    1. image36.jpg

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s all about your style of fishing dude, but props for knowing what you want and getting it as opposed to just trying to get what other people say they like.

Obviously it wouldn’t be the first choice of someone musky fishing, but that should be a sweet catfish/sturgeon rig! Would love that room for running downriggers too.

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Thanks, yep it’s for anchored up River fishing , down riggers and trolling. Which makes up 99% of our time on the water.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

That’s a nice looking boat. My only tip would be to upgrade the trailer. EZ-Loader doesn’t have a great history with that size/weight of boat.

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Thanks, I’ll look into that. Has a dry weight of 1725, I thought something of its size would weigh more. But 48 gallons of fuel adds weight pretty quick.

I’m having traxstech rails added along with a bunch of accessories: vertical trees, trolling bar, rod holders, net holders, beverage holders. Any other must have traxstech accessories?

I can’t remember if I ordered the swivel down rigger bases yet or not.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Now for the hard part……waiting to use it! Well done!!!

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

I’m itchin’ to go!

But I do have a Milford Reservoir blue cat trip to look forward to. Scheduled the 2nd weekend of March as long as the ice is off down there.

I’m sure I’ll get back to the river to pull some three way rig cranks as well before ice out up here.

I’ve found recently that I’m enjoying the anticipation and preparation for each trip as much as the actual fishing!

Dave Hudson

We are picking up a Hewescraft 180 Pro V ET. The description says that it seats 7. I see 2 benches for 2 each and 2 front seats. I am trying to figure out where the 7th person sits.

Thank you!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

We are picking up a Hewescraft 180 Pro V ET. The description says that it seats 7. I see 2 benches for 2 each and 2 front seats. I am trying to figure out where the 7th person sits.

Thank you!

I don’t think manufacturers furnish a seat for the capacity shown on the spec plate
    Many boats say capacity 5 or 6 and there is only 4 pedestal bases. JMO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.