new flasher

• Jon Anderson

New to forum. I couldn’t find a search feature, so I’ll ask a question. Which flasher should I buy. I have had a marcum flasher sold as Cabela’s. I used to exclusively fish out of a small wheel house now I fish a lot out if my side by side. My flasher can be hard to see during bright sun. There are so many to choose from. On Big Stone lake I usually fish in less than 15 ft of water
    Don’t need GPS

Jon Anderson

Yes I have a depth finder on it. Probably won’t use the flasher on it

eyeguy507
    SE MN

There are thousands of threads on here. Click the 3 lines on the top left of the screen. Search is under that tab.

I have a Helix 7 shuttle and use it year round. Tough to beat for year round use. There are cheaper options and spendier ones too.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

You don’t need a flasher for ice fishing, what graph do you already have?

Jon Anderson

A cheap depth finder. I like a flasher because it sits on the ice

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I’m not following your logic, good luck with what you figure out.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

What would you suggest

I’m old school and prefer a simple tradition flasher as i think that’s what you want. Any of the top three players make a great flasher, but IMO, vexilar will give you one that’ll last longer then you’ll need it for. Vexilar is simple but bullet proof. I’d suggest the 18 or anything higher. 18 does or it did, have sun light issues.

A lot of people here are using hybrid flashers that have lots more features then the vex, more bang for you buck. I’m not moving devices off and on the boat. With GPS readily available on my phone and tagging locations, I’ve been using less and less GPS on my other devices. Love it because I always have my phone!

Mike
    Eyota MN

I have a marcum m3 right now and like it. But looking into getting a flx20 this year. The wife can use the m3 or it’ll be a back up.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Get a lower FL series or Marcum M3. If you don’t want all the bells and whistles those are good options. Easier on the wallet as well.

Coletrain27

Check out the Vexilar flx12 it has the low power mode for shallow water and led screen for bright days and doesn’t break the bank.

iTinker

If you’re cheap and want one that does the job on ice, is easily ram ball mountable, and can go on a boat in the summer, get a lowrance hook 4. If you want something upgradeable, get a Garmin echomap. I don’t use trash Navionics maps, but it easily upgrades to panoptix (which is 100% worth the hype) when you’re ready.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

You would be fine with the M5 or FL28 both are the higher end flashers by each manufacturer. If you wanted to add a graph the Helix 7 or Marcum LX6 or 7 would be a great choice. I would head to the big sports store and play around with all of them and then decide. You ask on here you will get 100 different answers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.