New Flank Steak Recipe

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

we tried a crushed coriander, black pepper and salt rub on flank steak and it was amazing. expensive cut of meat tho..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

On sale for $10/lb at Kawasaki’s. Only reason I grabbed it. I think I will go get another one!
    Still expensive but that’s why we dont eat it often. It is a treat.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I love flank. Have you ever tried grilling it directly on some red-hot lump charcoal (i.e. no grill, just placing it on the coals)? It’s awesome.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Is now a good time to rant about how stupid-expensive these “lesser” cuts of steak have become? Come on! $10 a pound for flank on SALE?

But totally agree. Flank is awesome. I don’t think the Pioneer Woman has any recipes that aren’t good. I like her cooking style even though the use of high cal / high fat drives Mrs. Grouse crazy. Man doth not live on freaking kale and keenwah alone.

Grouse

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Is now a good time to rant about how stupid-expensive these “lesser” cuts of steak have become? Come on! $10 a pound for flank on SALE?

No kidding. (

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

That looks a lot like a Bulgogi (Korean BBQ) recipe which is very tasty.

zooks

I love flank. Have you ever tried grilling it directly on some red-hot lump charcoal (i.e. no grill, just placing it on the coals)? It’s awesome.

Here’s the how-to video, works great with any cut of steak that’s of a regular thickness.

I really liked this recipe, too. I halved both the marinade and dipping sauce cause the volumes of both seemed like overkill plus I’m cheap and I think it turned out great regardless.

http://mspmag.com/eat-and-drink/foodie/recipe-lyn-65-grilled-steak/

100% agree, I’ve cut down on the amount of steaks I buy pretty drastically over the last 10 years because of the price.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.