New favorite

• Xbomber8X
    Sartell, MN

Been smoking salmon for a few years and absolutely love the whole process and end result. Have had some pretty damn good reviews, so bold to say some guys even put it over a certain North Shore staple! ???? I recently started smoking some brown trout, and WOW!! What a phenomenal fish, did some for friends and they are a delidelicious fish!!

Attachments:
    1. 20180313_232830.jpg

2. 20180313_210033.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

They look really good. When you get a good brine recipe and you take the time to do it right, it turns out pretty good.

I assume you are referring to Russ Kendall’s. Many times I like mine better than theirs but there just something about the quality and the simplicity they do that makes them so good. It makes me want to do a straight up salt brine and white oak smoke sometimes.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I LOVE smoking salmon and trout. Problem is I just dont have access to them very often.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Tough to beat good smoked fish! Haven’t had brown trout but will add it to the list. I actually prefer Russ Kendalls smoked lake trout over salmon, but they are all good. Looks awesome XBomber, and reminded me to share the Tullibee I had Thielen’s do.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Tough to beat good smoked fish! Haven’t had brown trout but will add it to the list. I actually prefer Russ Kendalls smoked lake trout over salmon, but they are all good. Looks awesome XBomber, and reminded me to share the Tullibee I had Thielen’s do.

Totally agree on the smoked lake trout over salmon. Russ Kendall’s is certainly iconic, but if you ever visit Canal Park in Duluth…make sure to stop in at Northern Waters Smokehaus. I thought their smoked laker was every bit as good as Kendall’s.

And thanks for your offer to share your Tullibee. Let me know where I can meet you to pick some up. wink

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.