New EchoMap UHD2 Series Information

• JoeMX1825
    MN

These guys do a great job explaining the differences, the biggest takeaways for me is that the new units are 1″ narrower than the UHD series, wireless networking, bumped up screen resolution, they now the much more secure Ultra series style cradle system and most importantly the new UHD2 series units use upto 3.5 AMPS!!! This puts it in the same boat as the EchoMap Ultra 106 in terms of power use. Sounds like battery companies like Amped and Dakota Lithium will be getting some new business soon with people needing to upgrade their smaller AH batteries as they eventually replace thier head units…

Icefisherguy

Do you still need the black box? If so, I’ll stick with the Ultra 106

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

Hoping to upgrade my 93sv+ soon to this one haha!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hoping to upgrade my 93sv+ soon to this one haha!

Why? if you want a better screen just look for a 106sv when they go on sale again…especially if using it for ice fishing…

ekruger01

I havent dug to deep into it yet, but im actually looking forward to the 6″ screen. On garmins website it says it is live compatable. When I finally upgrade to livescope plus on the ice rig, Im most likely going to move the older transducer over to the kayak and run the 6″ screen on that. I love the bigger screen on my Ice rig, but a small compact screen would be great on the kayak where realestate is small.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Is this the 94uhd that I saw Cabelas had on sale?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is this the 94uhd that I saw Cabelas had on sale?

94UHD is no different than the 93UHD other than the types of mapping installed on it, 94 has coastal maps, 93 has inland lake maps…

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks Joe, sorry I watched the video and answered my own question. Did not know the costal vs inland maps thing, first time I saw the 94 advertised.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I havent dug to deep into it yet, but im actually looking forward to the 6″ screen. On garmins website it says it is live compatable. When I finally upgrade to livescope plus on the ice rig, Im most likely going to move the older transducer over to the kayak and run the 6″ screen on that. I love the bigger screen on my Ice rig, but a small compact screen would be great on the kayak where realestate is small.

I know space is at a premium sometimes, but you’ll kick yourself going with a smaller screen for Livescope…imo 9″ screen is the bare minimum for Livescope…once you start expanding your range on a 6″ screen, those fish marks are going to look like grains of sand….

3Rivers

Will this new ECHOMAP record video footage to SD card?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Thanks Joe, sorry I watched the video and answered my own question. Did not know the costal vs inland maps thing, first time I saw the 94 advertised.

yep, Garmin typically has 2 versions of every head unit (93 vs 94, 102 vs 106, etc) with the mapping being the difference…

ekruger01

I know space is at a premium sometimes, but you’ll kick yourself going with a smaller screen for Livescope…imo 9″ screen is the bare minimum for Livescope…once you start expanding your range on a 6″ screen, those fish marks are going to look like grains of sand….
    [/quote]

I have friends that run the 7″ just fine. I have my 7″ as a dedicated GPS on the quad. The new 6″ should have better resolution than the current 7″ according to the buzz I am seeing. So that shouldnt be an issue since I dont Zoom out that far when searching.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.