New build…. questions

• sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I’m in the new boat process and am planning to go full Garmin. If anyone can shed any light on how Garmin does things, it’d help reassure me and make sure my expectations aren’t off.

I want to do an Echomap UHD 93sv at the console, an Echomap UHD 93sv (no ‘ducer) at the bow, and a Force.

The bow 93sv will use the Force transducer.

Here are my initial couple questions:
    1) Can the bow unit show the same mapping stuff as the console if they are networked? I’m thinking waypoints, quickdraw, etc.

2) The 93sv will include the US Lakevu G3… but if I wanted Canada I assume I can just buy and add it, right? Chip or ActiveCaptain?

3) I believe that an iPad (or whatever device) running ActiveCaptain can be used as a dedicated chart display. Is anyone doing this? I was thinking that during certain times it’d be nice to have charts on an iPad and then imaging on the 93sv. It sounds like quickdraw CAN sync back to ActiveCaptain, but it’s not necessarily real-time.

thanks!

uninc4709

I am only helpful with the first question. Connect the 2 units with the network cable and you will see the same information on both. You can also select to use the other transducer if you wanted to.

mojocandy101
    Alexandria, MN

For #2 yes you can buy Canada. A lot of LOTW is covered on the us Lakevu though. I’ve fished out of Morson and haven’t ran out of map yet.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

This is helpful so far, thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.