New boat accessories

• acarroline

Interested in hearing thoughts on accessories to get on a new boat. Considering a 1875 Crossover, have the trolling motor and graphs picked out. I have the pfd’s, net, and normal boat stuff. Considering things like trailer steps, ramp n clamp, windshield truxedo, sport
    Track mounts, Rod holders…what else?

Stanley

I have a windshield cover for my boat and like it. It gives it some extra protection from rocks but also keeps it clean from bugs. If you always have the cover on when trailering then you may not need this. I also carry a 12v jump pack in my boat since I switched to a 24v lithium battery.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Boat buckles

eyeguy507
    SE MN

custom travel cover

billy03z71

Things I wish I got are digital gauges and a travel cover. Two things I was glad I got was a bimini top for rain days as well as an rpm adjustment rocker switch for fine tuning speed while trolling cranks.

BrianF

Minn Kota DC charger (lead acid) or Power Pole Charge system (lithium) depending on the type of batteries you are installing – and your budget. Charge your trolling motor batts on-the-fly. I’ve had both and they are excellent.

btyreprich
    Rhinelander, WI

Lithium batteries for the trolling motor. I have the “Li Time” brand which has performed flawlessly for me over past 2+ years.
    Wife bought me 4 boat bumpers which are shaped like a number 7. The top part rests on the gun wall to provide much better protection than traditional round bumpers based on their design.
    Finally, I purchased a tackle caddy from Railblaza to fit in the gun wall track system of my boat. I like having tools off the boat floor and a small plastic box of commonly used fishing tackle which fits inside the caddy.

acarroline

The crossover comes with the bimini, ski pole, and cover. Planning on one 24V Amped Lithium for trolling motor, 1 grp 31 SLA for starter and graphs, having the 3 bank charger that handles the lithium and SLA, quick release plate for trolling motor, ram mounts for graphs, 10 sport track mounts, 4 rod holders, 4 of the hull hugger fenders…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

custom travel cover

This.^^^^^^

I would also do trailer steps and a ramp depending on the trailer.

slough

Cup holders. And a pee bucket jester

Ripjiggen

The crossover comes with the bimini, ski pole, and cover. Planning on one 24V Amped Lithium for trolling motor, 1 grp 31 SLA for starter and graphs, having the 3 bank charger that handles the lithium and SLA, quick release plate for trolling motor, ram mounts for graphs, 10 sport track mounts, 4 rod holders, 4 of the hull hugger fenders…

Guessing it comes with one if it has a ski pole but a boarding ladder if it doesn’t.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A noco or similar jump pack is a good idea. I bought one last year. Haven’t used it yet.

acarroline

Boat/Trailer has buckles, boarding ladder. I have a jump pack.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

You can always add tracks later if you want them…unless you troll a lot I’d just get some rod holders.

You absolutely need trailer steps…must have imho.

Ram mount makes some awesome phone holders. I’d look into those that have a clamp. Great to hold the phone and also snap pics of you fish solo.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

If it has Merc’s on the back, Smartcraft gauges and/or VesselView mobile. Much more accurate tach and fuel gauge. Nice for tracking maintenance as well.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

If I did it all over again I’d splurge for the mercury vessel view dashboard. Next time )

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Steps and a beer fridge.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I run 2 fenders, thought about 4 but they do take up space. Certain docks that aren’t maintained well I wish I still had the big ass round vinyl fenders, but not worth lugging around all the time.

acarroline

Had vessel view on my previous boat. Not sure I’m using it to its full capabilities but didn’t use it often.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I admittedly don’t used my VesselView often now. I do use it to track hours and maintenance more than anything. It was very helpful early on when I wanted to dial in my prop setup. Stock tach gauges are often inaccurate. I bought it when they had a promotion going for $99 if I remember correctly. A lot cheaper than the smartcraft gauges but they have troll control which would be nice.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

A kicker with Trollmaster or something similar. Also I forget what they are called but they are basically an extended stainless steel rudder on the trolling motor. Helps it steer better, and both of these are huge if you troll a bunch, but maybe not needed if you don’t.

Anyfish2

Trailer steps, Drotto latch, and maybe overkill on a crossover?, but now that i have a hotfoot in the boat it would be hard to not have it.

acarroline

I don’t troll plugs very often, usually pull spinners and the minnkota has always been more than enough. Will consider Vessel View…

mojogunter

If you fish big water I would not be without a wave pro pedestal, or similar. I also would not own a boat without a drotto or boat to trailer latch.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

The Lund “sport track” (I am sure other brands have something similar) is cool. You can move rod holders, cup holders, utility buckets all around in seconds. The boat cover fits into it too making it easy to throw on and the cover fits perfectly.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The boat cover fits into it too making it easy to throw on and the cover fits perfectly.

On my 2020 ProGuide there are 2 tracks. The SportTrak on the inside of the gunwale for accessories and one on the outside of the gunwale for the cover.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DaveB wrote:</div>
    The boat cover fits into it too making it easy to throw on and the cover fits perfectly.

On my 2020 ProGuide there are 2 tracks. The SportTrak on the inside of the gunwale for accessories and one on the outside of the gunwale for the cover.

Lund is the same, maybe I described it poorly

acarroline

Trailer steps, Drotto latch, and maybe overkill on a crossover?, but now that i have a hotfoot in the boat it would be hard to not have it.

Had this same thought and conversaiton today…are both the drotto and steps “needed”. I understand one could say neither are needed. The drotto with a roller trailer is a no-brainer for me. The steps would be great when the boat is trailered, when else?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I have Ezee steps. I use them all the time at the access. Don’t need a dock to launch or load just use the steps. If there is a dock you don’t have to be close enough to hop out of the boat onto the dock. Also, as you said, climb into the boat to put stuff away and ready the boat for travel. I would give up the Drotto before the trailer steps and I love the Drotto!!

The track on the outside of the gunwale on Lunds is called the ProTrak. This is where the nylon clips on the cover snap into.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.