New Adventure Series

• DonG

What do you think of this new model they brought out. My personal opinion is the went backwards, no storage at all but a big deal over the 10 rod storage..thats it. A stripped down Impact with no storage. I don’t think it will last long. Thoughts?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

It’s a replacement for the Rebel XS series, not an Impact.

HRG

DonG

Nowhere close to a Rebel, it’s a stripped Impact, same size and hull config. Inside has nothing. A Rebel has 5 times the storage.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Nowhere close to a Rebel, it’s a stripped Impact, same size and hull config. Inside has nothing. A Rebel has 5 times the storage.

I just looked up the Adventure 1775 SS on Lund’s website. Both the Sport and SS have center rod locker. Looks like the 1775 is rated for a 115, and has a significantly narrower Beam than the impact. Also looks like they’ve moved the fuel tank (at least they moved the fill to the stern).

Really this seems like the true 2019 version of the Pro Sport Adventure from back in the 90’s which I think is a good thing!

So in short, it does look a lot like a smaller impact. I have no idea what you’re saying no storage, it looks to have the exact same storage as my impact in all areas, which I will admit isn’t the best. I believe when I bought the impact versus a crossover I traded some storage for massive interior space which was important to me. Most guys I fish with bring their own gear in bags and the boat has plenty of room to stash mine.

Given the significantly lower cost I kind of wish this adventure model was out for 2018, I might have saved myself a couple thou. Oh well, still love the impact!

DonG

On the sides.. cubby holes, no doors. Rear deck has battery box and live-well.. no storage. Front deck has 2 lids for front storage and a rod box, thats it… no storage. I believe it’s a 87″ beam and the Impact is 96″. The boat is really hurting for storage and I think they made a big mistake in the design.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

So, don’t buy one. waytogo

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I’m truly at a loss as to why people keep comparing this model to the Impact. Look at this 2018 catalog screen shot, the Adventure is the 2019 replacement for the Rebel XS. Are you guys not aware of the previous Rebel XL/XS series (not the standard Rebel) ?

Like Ralph mentioned, if you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Whats your agenda in slamming it, you sell Alumacrafts/E-TEC’s?

HRG

Attachments:
    1. 2018-Rebel-XS-Sport-SS.jpg

DonG

Really???
    Was comparing to the 1750.. Like I said, they went backwards in design, I love my Lund

Attachments:
    1. rocky.jpg

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Really???
    Was comparing to the 1750.. Like I said, they went backwards in design, I love my Lund

Me too. At least we agree on color,,,,

HRG

Attachments:
    1. gunwale-strap.jpg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The Adventure Sport looks like an in-between of the rebel sport and the impact XS. There is storage underneath the jump seats (1 side battery, other side dry storage). There is a rod locker. There is bow storage.

It also takes up to a 115 where the rebel could only take a 90. Honestly looks to me like a great machine and if you don’t like the massive beam width of the impact and are interested in saving a few thousand it seems like a great option. Honestly looks like it’s everything the rebel sport wasn’t.

Jeremy Hornaman

I just purchased a 1675 Adventure Sport, it was the the perfect cross between fishing and family for my needs. Also has the features and storage at a price point I was comfortable with for being my first boat.

DonG

The Adventure Sport looks like an in-between of the rebel sport and the impact XS. There is storage underneath the jump seats (1 side battery, other side dry storage). There is a rod locker. There is bow storage.

It also takes up to a 115 where the rebel could only take a 90.

The Rebel also sports the 115 as well. All I’m doing is comparing the two layouts and I think they could have done better with the storage area’s.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I love my impact and also think storage could have been better. Storage could always be better, but when we look at the sub-50k boats you have to sacrifice something.

Also Like I said I don’t see where it falls anywhere short of the impact or rebel in storage. it has cubbies on the side, dry storage under jump seats, etc. Almost identical to my impact but much narrower at the beam.

kro22

I recently went through the decision process of should I buy a 1775 Impact XS or an Adventure 1775 sport. I went and compared them side by side.
    I did not like the livewell in the bow on the Impact. I felt like that took away from bow storage. Could I plug that and use it as storage for tackle, yes but it wasn’t ideal for me. That’s a personal preference thing.
    Now the four main differences:
    1. thicker hull plating .0715 (14 GA) compared to .080 (13ga)
    2. Beam is 96″ compared to 87″
    3. Trailer is a bit beefer, 2×6 instead of 2×4 bunks. Rails 2×4 instead of 2×3
    4. port rod locker instead of cubby hole.
    5. Weight (obviously)
    Now those all could be Pros to getting the impact but not necessarily to me. I fish the Mississippi river a lot and deal with current. I can see the narrower beam make it easier to track in the current. This specifically while on the trolling motor not so much while on plane. It might not be that noticeable but could reason my decision for a 80 lb terrova instead of a 112. The added stability would be nice but that will already be a major upgrade as I’m coming from a 72″ beam dominator.

So at the end of the day, I went with the adventure. It was about $5k more for the impact. I felt like I was mostly paying for the beam at that point because I was removing bow storage for port storage. They are both great boats and I guess I felt like I got more bang for my buck with the adventure. Who knows, maybe the adventure will be a couple MPH faster?
    (I ordered it to be rigged with an Etec 115 H.O.)
    -KRO

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I recently went through the decision process of should I buy a 1775 Impact XS or an Adventure 1775 sport. I went and compared them side by side.
    I did not like the livewell in the bow on the Impact. I felt like that took away from bow storage. Could I plug that and use it as storage for tackle, yes but it wasn’t ideal for me. That’s a personal preference thing.
    Now the four main differences:
    1. thicker hull plating .0715 (14 GA) compared to .080 (13ga)
    2. Beam is 96″ compared to 87″
    3. Trailer is a bit beefer, 2×6 instead of 2×4 bunks. Rails 2×4 instead of 2×3
    4. port rod locker instead of cubby hole.
    5. Weight (obviously)
    Now those all could be Pros to getting the impact but not necessarily to me. I fish the Mississippi river a lot and deal with current. I can see the narrower beam make it easier to track in the current. This specifically while on the trolling motor not so much while on plane. It might not be that noticeable but could reason my decision for a 80 lb terrova instead of a 112. The added stability would be nice but that will already be a major upgrade as I’m coming from a 72″ beam dominator.

So at the end of the day, I went with the adventure. It was about $5k more for the impact. I felt like I was mostly paying for the beam at that point because I was removing bow storage for port storage. They are both great boats and I guess I felt like I got more bang for my buck with the adventure. Who knows, maybe the adventure will be a couple MPH faster?
    (I ordered it to be rigged with an Etec 115 H.O.)
    -KRO

I cannot speak to a lot of the features or anything else in comparison other than the beam width. Believe it or not, I actually ended up with a Tuffy solely due to the fact that it had a slightly narrower beam – yes narrower as a PRO over many comparable 17-18′ fiberglass boats. The 86″ beam really allows the boat to be a quick hull with a 115hp outboard and cuts through waves nicely. Tucking a boat inside a 2 car garage with the wife’s SUV gets tough when you start talking 96″ or more of beam on many 17-19′ boats. I don’t fish with 3 or 4 people at a time. I fish with myself or one other person 98% of the time and that is more than enough room.

I can see why Lund went this direction. The boat fits a niche. Now deciding just how big that niche is and whether or not it will turn a sales profit is an unknown.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Hey KRO, awesome breakdown of the differences. And you are correct, I came from a 97 Pro Sport with I believe 74″ beam (maybe 76?) and tracking on the river is much more irritating at first on the impact. Takes some getting used to but after spending a few hours out there in strong current and wind I had it down. I love the extra space because I frequently have 2-3 more people with me and it never feels crowded.

That being said when I’m putting it in the garage I really wish I had the option for an Adventure last year lol. I love my boat, but know I would’ve gone that route had it been an option.

Ralph Bechtold

I just committed to a 1675 tiller. For my use there is plenty of storage. I don’t need to pack the boat down for every type of fishing that there is in my area (Lake Erie). I tend to travel light.

This is probably my last boat. Just retired in December and was looking for something that would be easy to handle by myself, somewhat light weight to trailer, and strictly for fishing only. It has 3 seats for me, my Grand Daughter and Son-In-Law.

I’ve always admired Lund boats and glad they came out with the Adventure for what I was looking for.

Perhaps this is a niche type design. I’ll take it.

kro22

Took delivery on my 1775 Adventure sport. I’m quite impressed with everything. I’m excited to get it on the water and test it out next weekend.
    If anyone has any questions feel free to let me know.

Attachments:
    1. XGSR4031.jpg

2. IMG_3121.jpg

What do you think of this new model they brought out. My personal opinion is the went backwards, no storage at all but a big deal over the 10 rod storage..thats it. A stripped down Impact with no storage. I don’t think it will last long. Thoughts?

Don,

I researched for three years before I purchased the 2020 1775 Adventure. I put the 90 hp Merc on the rear and an 80 ft lbs Terrova I pilot on the front.

Completely loaded with fuel and gear it scaled out at 2400 lbs. My Ford Escape can pull 3500 lbs. Plus with the 87 inch beam I can see both sides clearly while towing.

As for storage I would have to ask, “how much storage do you need in a fishing boat?” My two grand children can hide out in the bow storage lockers. The glove box is the largest I’ve seen on any boat or car.

Now my local Lund dealer here in Michigan tells me it’s the fastest selling boat that Lund makes. In fact Lund had to increase production for model year 2020. I saved $5,800.00 over an equally equipped Impact.

Perhaps you should take a closer look at the Adventure!

Stromovitch

Vermont walleye guy
    Vermont

I bought one last summer we love it more than enuf storage in it all my lures and tackle goes in the bow on the left side right side the anchor and life jackets with boat bumbers ropes and the travel cover on the sides there storage down both sides I have down riggers our rod holders rear light fire extinguishers towels and shoes when we take them off the other side has hook outs and anything eles we need the back has two more places for storage o and it has a glove box you could put a baby in there more than enuf storage in our Lund adventure 1775 and personaly I’d rather have a rod locker like they have cause what happens when your buddy sits on your 260$ rod or your 600$ combo rod and real and brakes it cause you wanted storage for what more idk it has more storage than we now what to do with it’s a great boat!!!!

Scott B

Hey man, how are you liking the rig? I’m expecting delivery of my 1775 sport this spring. I’m pumped about it.

I’m also wondering how long the package is with the swing tongue collapsed? It says 20’on the website, just wondering if thats accurate.

KRO22?

kro22

I have the motor trimmed down right now. It measures 19’7”.
    Motor trimmed up it’s around 20’4” give or take with the tongue broke down.

Since I’m here, a little update.
    This boat rocks. I have two full seasons on it and probably around 80 hours on the motor. No issues other than finding time to fish more.
    115 etec HO pushes this boat typically around 44 mph. Perfect conditions I’ve seen 46 with a blimp of 47. Typical quiet running around 37 mph. Fuel economy cruising around 25.
    I had to run a 19 pitch Viper prop and could honestly go up more if they made a 20. I can still over rev most cases even fully loaded.
    Boat jumps on plane instantly as well. No creep whatsoever. Especially once you hit the power band at 4200 rpm. Too bad they quit making them.
    Boat fishes great. Very stable especially for my 2 and 5 year old. Rod storage is superb. It’s honestly a great boat for the price.
    I have two gripes. Not that they’re that bad. First I wish I could lock the front two large storage compartments. Second is the fuel gauge. I have a 22 gallon tank. After I burn about 11 gallons it shows empty. I wish it was closer to 18 gallons before it showed empty. But I can go to a fishing vacation and make it all week with long runs on about 30 gallons of gas. (Take two 5 gallon jugs with)
    Let me know if you have any other specific questions.
    Regards
    Kro22

Attachments:
    1. 158F684C-DB3A-4312-A912-0567C430680C.jpeg

Scott B

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I also thought about the only locking storage, being the rod locker; it would have been nice if the front two locked as well.
    I went with the 115 pro xs, so I’m expecting similar performance to yours. I’m curious to see if my fuel gauge will do the same thing. I’m assuming it will.

Looks like it tucks into your garage quite well.

I also have two kids the same ages as yours and that was another reason I went with the 1775. I think this will be a great boat for our family. I’m coming from a 14′ tinner, so this is my first fish and ski boat.

I’m sure I will think of a few more questions.

Cheers!

The Real Joe Blow

If the fact that the front hatches don’t lock is your only significant problem, don’t let it be. The the same locking hatch latch that they use on the rod locker is less than $50 on Amazon, just buy 2 and spend a couple of hours one Saturday afternoon and install them. I would just put them beside the existing recessed black lifting handles so as to not have to patch the carpet around them. Would be an extremely simple install.

BTW, I also bought a 2021 1775 for delivery in spring with the Merc 115 ProXS. I went with absolutely every available option and then some (stereo, bow cushions, sport top w/hider, ski pole, 4 pedestal seats, upgraded to ProRide/AirRide seats, port slash pan insert for a larger casting deck, bow cargo nets from the Impact XS, custom snap in carpet for the cockpit as Lund doesn’t offer it as an option for the Adventure, etc). Plus a 80 lb Terrova iPilot Link, Helix 9 MSI G4N at the console, Helix 7 MDI G3N at the bow, all networked together.

To the OP… I guess Lund proved you wrong, didn’t they? 3 years running, and this is one of Lund’s best selling models. We’re all entitled to our own opinions, and IMHO, they took everything that was wrong with the Rebel XS and improved upon it for the Adventure. Like others have said, this is basically 90% of an Impact at a much nicer price point, and which for me fits in my boathouse that has a 8′ wide door and won’t fit 96″ wide boats. And I wasn’t prepared to rebuild the boathouse!

I compared the Adventure to basically every available offering from others in the same beam width (Alumacraft Voyageur 175 was a close second, but the Lund blew it away IMO in terms of cockpit space and fit/finish. Princecraft, Crestliner, Lowe and others didn’t have anything that anywhere near as nice in terms of layout, look, feel, interior finishing at all IMO).

Cheers!

The Real Joe Blow

For those wishing to compare, I took the overhead photos of the Adventure 1775, Impact XS 1775, Crossover 1775 and Alumacraft Voyageur 175 and scaled them all to consistent lengths and correct widths. If you download them all and use an image viewer that lets you scroll thru pictures quickly, you can compare the interior dimensions by holding your mouse cursor in one location and seeing where it lands on all 4 boats.

Despite the Impact being 11″ wider, The Adventure and the Impact cockpits are virtually identical in terms of floor space (LxW); the Crossover has a couple of more inches in width, same length. And the rear casting decks and bow platforms are effectively the same as well on all 3.

The Alumacraft Voyageur by comparison is *much* smaller inside, both in the main cockpit, the bow deck, and the rear casting deck, despite having the same length and beam specs as the Adventure. And in real life sit-in comparison, it just really felt cramped for a near 18′ boat.

As the pictures demonstrate (and I personally noticed in real world comparison), the Adventure is pretty much an Impact with a slightly narrower beam, but not giving up much else unless the extra side rod locker in the cockpit is super important to you. It wasn’t to me.

Pics are attached.

Cheers

Attachments:
    1. 4.Alumacraft-Voyageur-175.jpg

2. 2.Impact-1775-XS.jpg

3. 3.Crossover-1775.jpg

4. 1.Adventure-1775.jpg

Scott B

Joe, its funny you mention that. I was thinking of what I would do to install my own locks.. I figure it would be easy to do, and putting it beside the handles would make it less invasive regarding the carpeting.

I also did a bunch of research before pulling the trigger on the AS 1775. Super happy with my choice and excited to get it. I was concerned with beam width at first but now feel that the 87″ beam is plenty of boat for the water ill be on, most of the time.

I went with the white and silver stone bottom. I did a few upgrades, bow cushions, ski pylon, sport top with hider, stereo. I didn’t order extra seats yet, waiting to see how it is with the two that come with it. Also got the terrova 80lb with the helix 7. Graph on the bow is a good call. Ill have to look into that… spend some more cash! Lol

Scott B

Hey, another quick question.

Is the sport track system on the adventure 1775, 45 degrees or 90 degrees? I can’t find this info online.

I’m looking at getting some Brocraft rod holder mounts..

kro22

Hey, another quick question.

Is the sport track system on the adventure 1775, 45 degrees or 90 degrees? I can’t find this info online.

I’m looking at getting some Brocraft rod holder mounts..

90 deg.

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DonG wrote:</div>

I just looked up the Adventure 1775 SS on Lund’s website. Both the Sport and SS have center rod locker. Looks like the 1775 is rated for a 115, and has a significantly narrower Beam than the impact. Also looks like they’ve moved the fuel tank (at least they moved the fill to the stern).

Really this seems like the true 2019 version of the Pro Sport Adventure from back in the 90’s which I think is a good thing!

So in short, it does look a lot like a smaller impact. I have no idea what you’re saying no storage, it looks to have the exact same storage as my impact in all areas, which I will admit isn’t the best. I believe when I bought the impact versus a crossover I traded some storage for massive interior space which was important to me. Most guys I fish with bring their own gear in bags and the boat has plenty of room to stash mine.

Given the significantly lower cost I kind of wish this adventure model was out for 2018, I might have saved myself a couple thou. Oh well, still love the impact!

Yeah, I love my 1775 impact too. Enough storage for me too. I wanted more interior/floor space to move around in 2-3 guys plus equipment, Engel minnow box, plastics, nets
    Love it

Umy
    South Metro

I have the motor trimmed down right now. It measures 19’7”.
    Motor trimmed up it’s around 20’4” give or take with the tongue broke down.

Since I’m here, a little update.
    This boat rocks. I have two full seasons on it and probably around 80 hours on the motor. No issues other than finding time to fish more.
    115 etec HO pushes this boat typically around 44 mph. Perfect conditions I’ve seen 46 with a blimp of 47. Typical quiet running around 37 mph. Fuel economy cruising around 25.
    I had to run a 19 pitch Viper prop and could honestly go up more if they made a 20. I can still over rev most cases even fully loaded.
    Boat jumps on plane instantly as well. No creep whatsoever. Especially once you hit the power band at 4200 rpm. Too bad they quit making them.
    Boat fishes great. Very stable especially for my 2 and 5 year old. Rod storage is superb. It’s honestly a great boat for the price.
    I have two gripes. Not that they’re that bad. First I wish I could lock the front two large storage compartments. Second is the fuel gauge. I have a 22 gallon tank. After I burn about 11 gallons it shows empty. I wish it was closer to 18 gallons before it showed empty. But I can go to a fishing vacation and make it all week with long runs on about 30 gallons of gas. (Take two 5 gallon jugs with)
    Let me know if you have any other specific questions.
    Regards
    Kro22

Interesting – I have a 2019 Impact 1775 and my first “real” boat. Has a 30 gal tank. Went fishing all weekend on the Mississippi and the gauge was reading almost empty so we just went upstream so I could trolling motor back if needed. Filled her up at the pump and put in 16 gallons?!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.