Never Ending in MN – State Trooper Charged

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Moriarty is an elected official. She cannot be fired, only resign or removed by election. Or a couple other options that generally dont work.

Correct. Cannot be fired/removed by anyone, including the governor.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Walz is just having his self pity remorse for what he/they did to Chauvin… he screwed him & the dept royally and continues to do so. There should be another trial and ALL evidence presented… Derek would be a free man & some others would be on trial for perjury.

If anyone has not watched the Fall of Minneapolis on youtube, they should. Unless you want to get angry and pissed off. The leaders of Minneapolis and this state should be ashamed of themselves for the miscarriage of justice that they allowed to happen in the handling of that trial and the handling of the riots in Minneapolis.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

So whats the Walz sequence? Did he call her out before she quit the case? Did he get a tip from the money lawyers it was unwinnable? I’d believe Nixon knew nothing about Watergate before I’d believe Walz turned on Moriarty out of some moral right vs wrong stance.

It’s a presidential election year, so the leftists are coming back to the center to try and maintain more of the moderate vote. The last election was basically decided by suburban moms, and prosecuting cops doesn’t make them feel safe. If Walz truly felt the way he did, he would have pulled the case as soon as Moriarty planned on moving it forward. Like he had already done once. Instead the Trooper and his family got a year of hell before Walz decided to do what any reasonable person knew was right, which in turn made Moriarty drop the charges or look like what she is, wholly incompetent.

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’m glad the case that shouldn’t have been charged in the first place is over now… Trouble is, given threats reportedly received, the Trooper will be a “targeted individual” by those who will forever be “unsatisfied” with this result…

Also, here in Wisconsin, there is a process for which the Governor’s Office can/will do an investigative process that can result in the removal of “bad” elected officials… Yes, elections have consequences… But when the consequences produce a real F-up in the elective office, there needs to be a process in place to remedy the problem…

I’m surprised this isn’t a available option in Minnesota, given it’s appearance portrayed as being a progressive state… Maybe it’s not as progressive as some think…?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Riverrat wrote:</div>
    Moriarty is an elected official. She cannot be fired, only resign or removed by election. Or a couple other options that generally dont work.

Correct. Cannot be fired/removed by anyone, including the governor.

She can be recalled, takes a petition and a vote. But she is well connected in the DFL, particularly with Ellison and Walz, which is why it is kind of surprising they have been pretty frontal with their criticisms of her choices. But at the same time they aren’t actually doing anything that threatens her role like calling for her to resign or be recalled.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

She can be recalled, takes a petition and a vote.

Being recalled, petitioned, and voted on is not the same as being removed by a single individual like the governor. Someone initially asked if the governor was able to remove her. He is not.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    She can be recalled, takes a petition and a vote.

Being recalled, petitioned, and voted on is not the same as being removed by a single individual like the governor. Someone initially asked if the governor was able to remove her. He is not.

Gotcha. waytogo I just wanted to point out the public does have some power in these scenarios, if we ever chose to use it….

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

She’s not just party line, she’s crazy. Bat****. Even Walz knows it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The MN Police and Peace Officers Executive Association has filed an ethics complaint against Moriarty. They claim she violated rules of professional conduct when she decided to charge Londegren with the fatal shooting of Ricky Cobb after a traffic stop in July 2023.

I don’t know if this is a gimmick or if it has any chance or success, but the simple fact that she dropped the charges when the court date got closer tells me there may be something here.

It’s the first time any police association has filed an ethics complaint with the Lawyers Responsibility Board in the state against a prosecutor.

https://www.mprnews.org/episode/2024/07/23/minnesota-law-enforcement-ethics-complaint-hennepin-county-attorney-mary-moriarty

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

She’s been laying pretty low since Walz turned on her. grin

tim hurley

Walz did turn on her so remember that when someone describes him as a extreme liberal.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Walz did turn on her so remember that when someone describes him as a extreme liberal.

He’s just a guy who can read the tea leaves. That case was a loser from the get go and once the hired guns from Washington declared it a loser Walz ran from it like a scalded dog. If the hired guys would have given them a 50 / 50 chance of a win Walz is like a mute. Not a sound would have been uttered.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yes he did, Because even he saw that it was the right decision. That does nothing to change that he is a extreme Liberal. He was prior and still is.

big_g
    Isle, MN

What did the just left of center governor do with the $7.7B surplus ? jester rotflol smash

CaptainMusky

Just left of center? And 7.7 surplus? Wasnt it 17?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Walz cannot spend any budget money or surplus himself. It all goes through the state legislature first for approval. He only signs it when it gets to his desk.

Right now both state chambers are DFL majority so he probably gets most of what he requests in the state budget though.

CaptainMusky

Maybe true, but it was under his watch that the Feeding our Future thing happened, the natives were paid 2 times what they were supposed to get and a litany of other issues. So theres that.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Can’t argue that. Plus he let the city burn after Floyd too.

CaptainMusky

Can’t argue that. Plus he let the city burn after Floyd too.

I didnt want to mention that last part, but yes.

munchy
    NULL

Pocket change

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I saw that on the news tonight. The upside is it could have been alot worse dollar wise but it did get Moriarity to crawl into her hole likely never to be seen again.

LabDaddy1

I’m ashamed that any one of you privileged white men are still commenting on this thread- you should all still be celebrating Juneteenth!!!!

racists.

Hail king Floyd!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

This fat white guy is happy to comment. Racist? I hate all assholes no matter their color. Like my Sunday school song use to go….”Red, Yellow, black or White……….”

I assume Brown should have been included but couldn’t work it into the song.

Ice Cap

I said nearly a year ago Walz was going to throw his hat in for the Democrat nominee in 2028. Now he is being considered for Kamnala’s running mate so he is a bit ahead of my schedule.

He can be formidable and dupe a lot of people because he can spew the BS as good or as better than most. I remember his Covid pressers. He spoke like he had three PHD’s and four doctorates in everything from molecular biology to disease diagnosis when all he ever was was a school administrator from Nebraska. I knew then he was a complete phony but he could memorize and practice a good speech and delivery. He’s polished I’ll give him that.

munchy
    NULL

I said nearly a year ago Walz was going to throw his hat in for the Democrat nominee in 2028. Now he is being considered for Kamnala’s running mate so he is a bit ahead of my schedule.

He can be formidable and dupe a lot of people because he can spew the BS as good or as better than most. I remember his Covid pressers. He spoke like he had three PHD’s and four doctorates in everything from molecular biology to disease diagnosis when all he ever was was a school administrator from Nebraska. I knew then he was a complete phony but he could memorize and practice a good speech and delivery. He’s polished I’ll give him that.

Yeah thankfully he got snubbed by MSNBC the other day. LOL!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

He’s been excluded as VP candidate now. It’s down to Shapiro and Kelly. They are both from swing states.

LOL that photo of Walz isn’t very accurate.

LabDaddy1

This fat white guy is happy to comment. Racist? I hate all assholes no matter their color. Like my Sunday school song use to go….”Red, Yellow, black or White……….”

I assume Brown should have been included but couldn’t work it into the song.

Man, I guess I need a /sarcasm disclaimer lol

Yeah Kamala would absolutely suck as a president/puppet. Yet somehow, unsurprisingly and unfortunately, she’ll still get lots of votes from sheep(and maybe even some dead folks).

Where is the tinfoil hat emoji? The government is censoring my emojis…

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Right now both state chambers are DFL majority so he probably gets most of what he requests in the state budget though.

Walz wouldn’t even hold out for his $1000 rebate checks from the surplus. He could have threatened a veto unless he got it. Caved to the legislature and the paltry $260 instead.

big_g
    Isle, MN

His biggest accomplishment was deserting his Company in the Reserves… he just had re-enlisted a few months before and shortly after, there was talk about activating his unit to Active… he promptly resigned and ran for office… the one way to get out of your oath & commitment. whistling

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.