Never Ending in MN – State Trooper Charged

• Netguy
    Minnetonka

If the county attorney thought the case was so strong why be upset if it would be reassigned?
    Must not have been a strong case if Ben Crump isn’t representing Cobb’s family. Can anyone confirm Ben Crump isn’t involved?

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I think Ben Crump only shows up for slam dunks.

In a story from yesterday it noted at the end that Cobb’s family’s civil suit is still ongoing. This really had to burst their bubble. I’m guessing they’ll get something, but not the lottery ticket payout they dreamed of.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I could not watch that full press conference. Moriarty is a world class idiot. To think that she is in charge of a staff of 500 employees and has a annual budget of 69 Million $ is crazy. That’s Minneapolis government for you.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    My night at work is gonna be a long one. BUT, this was finally handled correctly. He had justification for what he did.

Do the road sign guys have a hard time during these events or are you back to hospital work ?

I know you didn’t mean it negatively, but we don’t do much with road signs. We are basically first responders for the troopers. We respond to all freeway accidents and give them initial info if we are there first, call for ambulances or fire if needed and start care for anyone injured. We are even on the same dispatch as state patrol. We clear all road debris, natural or dumb crap that people lose from their vehicles, trucks or trailers. That and helping get stranded motorists off the shoulders by getting their cars running again is how most of my shifts are spent. With how people drive these days most of it is accidents and debris calls. However, we also help block the freeways so the rioters and protesters don’t go on them. So yes it’s a big deal for us too.

Luckily not much came of it in terms of riots, but we had over 300 troopers staging at our base for the last three days also. We also know the troopers personally because we are at all sorts of incidents together.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

hats off to you for what you do kind sir!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I know you didn’t mean it negatively, but we don’t do much with road signs. We are basically first responders for the troopers. We respond to all freeway accidents and give them initial info if we are there first, call for ambulances or fire if needed and start care for anyone injured. We are even on the same dispatch as state patrol. We clear all road debris, natural or dumb crap that people lose from their vehicles, trucks or trailers. That and helping get stranded motorists off the shoulders by getting their cars running again is how most of my shifts are spent. With how people drive these days most of it is accidents and debris calls. However, we also help block the freeways so the rioters and protesters don’t go on them. So yes it’s a big deal for us too.

Luckily not much came of it in terms of riots, but we had over 300 troopers staging at our base for the last three days also. We also know the troopers personally because we are at all sorts of incidents together.
    [/quote]

No ill intentions here, I was genuinely curious. Thought maybe you went back to the hospital. Hope you didn’t read my message out of context. Nothing but respect to you.

B-man

I heard on the radio that Mr. Moriar-something accused Walz of homophobia???

jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I heard on the radio that Mr. Moriar-something accused Walz of homophobia???

jester

yep….i read a piece a couple days ago where she said Walz bucked her every step of the way because she’s gay and in a position of power……….

Iowaboy1

Say what!!!
    You have a fur trader calling a communist a homophobe?
    Down here we call that a pot accusing the kettle of being black.

CaptainMusky

Wild times! Walz is desperate if he is making these comments IMO

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Wild times! Walz is desperate if he is making these comments IMO

I doubt he’s making derogatory comments about gays etc, several of them including Angie Craig, saying he’s done more for that community then anyone else… more votes! coffee whistling

CaptainMusky

I doubt he’s making derogatory comments about gays etc, several of them including Angie Craig, saying he’s done more for that community then anyone else… more votes!

I would say he probably has too, but if Moriarty is turning on him there must be something rotten in Denmark. She is probably pi$$ed about the Londregan thing where he said he was going to intervene if charges werent dropped.
    I despise the guy and almost everything he has done was done poorly, but I think he finally did that right.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Say what!!!
    You have a fur trader calling a communist a homophobe?
    Down here we call that a pot accusing the kettle of being black.

jester

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

No ill intentions here, I was genuinely curious. Thought maybe you went back to the hospital. Hope you didn’t read my message out of context. Nothing but respect to you.

I did not at all. No worries. Most people I help don’t even know we are a thing, so it’s good to let people know there is a really nice resource out there if they get into trouble on the freeway. Something actually valuable that their tax money pays for!

I think Mary’s time is coming to an end here soon. After calling out Mr Liberal Walz on going after her because she’s gay was pretty mind blowing. I don’t mind seeing the left implode on itself though. I honestly think support for law enforcement is turning around. I just read that many black churches and community centers came together in support of the police last week. It’s going to come to a head in that city at some point soon.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would say he probably has too, but if Moriarty is turning on him there must be something rotten in Denmark.

I doubt Walz said anything. If there’s one thing we’ve learned about Mary, she’s never wrong and will take down anyone saying otherwise.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I think Mary’s time is coming to an end here soon

Not a chance. She will never resign. It would take 100,000 signatures to start a recall election that would fail. If she were up for re-election in Nov, she would get re-elected by her “Defund the police” base. Remember, she is doing exactly what she said she would do in her last election campaign. Take down law enforcement at every opportunity. AKA – “Changing the system” That’s what she ran on and won.

-J.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Walz doesn’t have some kind of executive powers to get her out of there? I guess I figured he would.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I despise the guy and almost everything he has done was done poorly, but I think he finally did that right.

100 % agree. Not a fan of his at all, but he was right in this case. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile !!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It’s going to come to a head in that city at some point soon.

I sure hope you are correct, but I will not be holding my breath waiting for that to happen. Don’t think it will be anytime soon.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If she were up for re-election in Nov, she would get re-elected by her “Defund the police” base.

100% agree. The people who voted her in last election did so knowing what and who she is. They would do so again I believe.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Walz doesn’t have some kind of executive powers to get her out of there? I guess I figured he would.

No such power.

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So whats the Walz sequence? Did he call her out before she quit the case? Did he get a tip from the money lawyers it was unwinnable? I’d believe Nixon knew nothing about Watergate before I’d believe Walz turned on Moriarty out of some moral right vs wrong stance.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

So whats the Walz sequence?

It all politics. When you are the Govenor and are asked not to attend the funeral of a fallen police officer, you know something needs to change. He was just trying to suck up to the police union endorsement. Something he will never get.

The governor confirmed the widow of Deputy Josh Owen of the Pope County Sheriff’s Office asked him not to attend the funeral for her husband because her family and late husband didn’t think he supported law enforcement enough. Owen was killed after responding to a domestic dispute.

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

That was my point. I see the Walz thing as he was just distancing himself from a losing case and trying to look like he was supporting the officer, which I don’t think he does.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

That was my point. I see the Walz thing as he was just distancing himself from a losing case and trying to look like he was supporting the officer, which I don’t think he does.

No. He was about to pull the case from Moriarty:

Walz acknowledged Monday he had all but decided to yank the case from Moriarty.

“It was my hope that the county attorney would get to this position, that was very clear,” Walz said about Moriarty announcing she would drop the charges. “At some point — had this decision not been made — yes, we would have done that … There’s a safety net in there to allow for an egregious situation like this could be corrected and yes, we would have used that.”

-J.

Riverrat

Moriarty is an elected official. She cannot be fired, only resign or removed by election. Or a couple other options that generally dont work.

CaptainMusky

Yep

glenn57
    cold spring mn

yea i’m not getting the politicians that dont support the law enforcement community. doah

unless your a total criminal……..why wouldnt you…..if i remember correctly some of the most ardent defund the police dipsticks where begging for them shortly thereafter!!!! crazy

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Some politicians are just that and nothing more. Their opinions and stances on subjects change like the wind. Most often to what ever side they think will get them the most votes in the next election. Other politicians are their to do the job they were elected to do – Serve the Constituents that elected them. Sadly far to many of the 1st and to few of the 2nd. I don’t think I have to tell you what one of the group Waltz is normally in.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Walz is just having his self pity remorse for what he/they did to Chauvin… he screwed him & the dept royally and continues to do so. There should be another trial and ALL evidence presented… Derek would be a free man & some others would be on trial for perjury.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.