Never Ending in MN – State Trooper Charged

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Watching the news tonight and headline story is they are charging the State Trooper. They showed the video again and count me in the group that has judged this as a justified shooting. Looks like Mary Moriarty is up to some new shenanigans.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

“They showed the video again and count me in the group that has judged this as a justified shooting”.

X2

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I cannot believe what this world is coming to.

Norsky

It’s all about politics, not what’s right and wrong or lawful.

I wonder how many tens of millions of dollars this is going cost Hennepin county, and the rest of us…

Unreal.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What state trooper ? What happened ? I don’t watch the news.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This Moriarty clown is clearly plenty happy letting criminals walk and continuing to ruin this area.

keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

If we keep crucifying law enforcement for doing their job we will end up like California where people take and do whatever they want.

FinnyDinDin

You folks down in minneapolis and St. Paul are gonna run out of cops willing to serve. Liberal politics ruin great cities. Perfect example right here.

I feel bad for the officer and his family.

Coletrain27

BS like this just sets the precedence that its ok to break the law and not obey law enforcement. every officer in the state should get together and agree not to go to work for a week and see what happens.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Don’t think this one will be prosecuted in court. Just my opinion tho

wkw

How many of these young ,mostly black, men would be alive if they just did what the cop told them to do ?

Deuces

How many of these young ,mostly black, men would be alive if they just did what the cop told them to do ?

There’s alot of white dudes shot too, although blacks are significantly more fatal according to the statistics.

Wonder what all these “unknowns” are?

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240124_202124_Chrome.jpg

gregory
    Red wing,mn

If we keep crucifying law enforcement for doing their job we will end up like California where people take and do whatever they want.

I think that is what they’re striving for.
    I mean step one listen to law enforcement and a good chance you won’t get shot.

shefland
    Walker

the way it is these days, don’t break the law, be respectful. and you will go home, or ,maybe jail, but alive. Feel for the officer doing his job and this is what happens, why they have trouble recruiting

B-man

I remember when this happened and feel is was 100% justified to save the officers lives.

As for this Moriarty fella, what’s he so mad about??

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240125-062710.png

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

As for this Moriarty fella, what’s he so mad about??

jester rotflol

Umy
    South Metro

I’ll say it.
    Lets put old Mary in the car for a nite or two and let her lead the process.
    Her dumba** tune will change in a heartbeat.
    Dont do stupid things and bad things wont happen to you.
    3-4% of people are committing of all the sh*t is going down.
    She needs to GO!!!!!
    We are SOOOOOO headed the California way in this state

3Rivers

Her misuse and abuse of the Grand Jury system is troubling, but not surprising.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Joe Friedberg was on KFAN with Barreiro yesterday, and I’ve never heard him so frontal and tear apart a case so much as he did Mary Moriarty’s handling of this, particularly the Grand Jury portion as well as just the overall handling. It’s worth a listen for anyone interested in the legal side of this. Personally I think/hope the officers attorneys will get this case thrown out before it reaches a court date. Getting Mary Moriarty thrown out of office should be step 2.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

No grand jury was used. Charges came down from her office.

-J.

3Rivers

-J.

Not from what I understand. She used a grand jury to force the officers to testify and answer her questions under oath, since they weren’t cooperating. She also asked that they didn’t make an indictment ruling like they normally would (so in turn she could make her own decision).

BigWerm
    SW Metro

-J.

They did call a Grand Jury and a Use of Force expert, and Moriarty did not use either one. Which is why I think it should get thrown out sooner than later. The Grand Jury was used to compel testimony from some in the State Patrol, but she didn’t call the Grand Jury for a vote, which is VERY unusual and typically implies an indictment was not likely coming from the Grand Jury. It’s called an Investigative Grand Jury, and is not something Friedberg has heard being used in 40 years.

Tlazer

From my experience, having served on a grand jury in another state, I think a grand jury is a farce. You only hear from the prosecuting attorney/DA, and of course they always make it look like you have a case, and probably like 95% or better of the cases are recommended to go to trial. Maybe the grand jury is different in Minn or in this case, but IMO a grand jury almost always agrees with the prosecuting attorney.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This Moriarty clown is clearly plenty happy letting criminals walk and continuing to ruin this area.

That’s because she wants and needs their vote

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have no idea why ANYONE would want to be in law enforcement these days. The days are coming where good people who should be in law enforcement will no longer be. When thing return to the wild wild west days where people take the law into their own hands. Those responsible for the police situation will be the least able to defend themselves and I for sure will not bother to defend them.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Personally I think/hope the officers attorneys will get this case thrown out before it reaches a court date.

I think so too. I’d be fairly surprised if it wasn’t. And even if it does make it a court, I’d be shocked if it was guilty. Just from watching the video its obviously not like the previous recent cases. One of the troopers almost got run over for cryin’ out loud.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I can’t see how this won’t be thrown out.

big_g
    Isle, MN

MUS BE LITTLE MINNEAPOLIS LEFT TO BURN….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.