Net storage in tiller

• Kyle Wills

Hey guys,

Looking for some ideas for net storage in my tiller boat.

I want to store it so its out of the way for the most part while fishing or just general walking in the boat.

Any idea or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I use a Frabill net holder works good .

Kyle Wills

I use a Frabill net holder works good .

Thanks for the insight. Sorry should have been more clear.

I’m less concerned about what to use. More of where to keep it out of the way as much as possible.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I store mine tight on the tiller side against the wall and have a quick release clip that keeps the top of the net strapped in when on its side. My not is not foldable so that was the best I came up with. Then when trolling it goes in the vertical net holder rod holder

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Some more information about what kind of boat, the layout, size, etc or a photo would help.

Also, approximately how big the net is, whether it has a telescoping or retractable handle, etc.

Kyle Wills

Some more information about what kind of boat, the layout, size, etc or a photo would help.

2020 Alumacraft Competitor 175 Tiller.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I mounted a net holder on an alumatrac bracket so I can put it wherever I want it

joneser
    Inactive

I store mine in a rod holder off the stern. The handle of the net goes down into the water and the basket sits half below and half above the stern. It’s literally out of the boat and not in the way yet when there’s a fish on whoever is net man is going to be in the stern, so they just reach down and pull it up by the top of the basket. I keep going the same speed trolling when there’s a fish on so all the fish are netted off the stern. My boat is console so it might not work as well for you but it’s worked great for me. I hate the room a net takes up and tripping over it. I’d rather not have one in the boat, so I keep mine out of the boat.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I keep mine on the back deck with the handle facing me so I can grab it if needed when alone. If someone is with me, I put it down in the cockpit so both decks can be used and either one of us can grab it. When I’m muskie fishing, that net gets in the way wherever it is because of its size, but I have to bring it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.