Can you say DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• walleye4
    On the Water

Man, where is the huskers D at these days? Pathetic is all I can say! I had to breakout the tape of the 97 championship game to see what a REAL D is. I know the MAC teams are playing good ball this year but the OLD blackshirts would have never let them hang 40 points on us and miss a 50+ FG to win!!!!!! If the defense don’t come around soon and with conference games starting next week, it might end up being a LONG SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

I have to say I missed this game (anniversary plans with the wife), and at this point I’m glad I did.

You’re right. Unless there’s a drastic change, this could be a long season.

lunkerman

trust me you’re better off not seeing the game. i was there and walked out at half time because i couldn’t watch the brutallity any longer. i just want to say that if the defense learned how to tackle it would change every game we have this year.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

It does look like we’ll have to outscore teams to win games this year. As a guy who loves defense, this is disappointing. I’m glad the offense looks like they can score a lot of points though. I suspect we’ll see a change at D coordinator at the end of this season. Coz seems to be a good guy, but just isn’t getting the job done.

Regardless, I’ll be at the game this weekend, supporting our team! GBR!!

seisele

What’s the opposite of good? HUSKERS!!!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

It does look like we’ll have to outscore teams to win games this year. As a guy who loves defense, this is disappointing. I’m glad the offense looks like they can score a lot of points though. I suspect we’ll see a change at D coordinator at the end of this season. Coz seems to be a good guy, but just isn’t getting the job done.

Regardless, I’ll be at the game this weekend, supporting our team! GBR!!

I might see you there I’m not sure who is getting the tickets this weekend yet.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Zach, I’ll be in section 8 row 43. Tamara will be there too. Come say hi if you’re in the area.

To other Husker fans, you can say what you want to say. I would wager that there’s enough negativity floating around on the ‘net, in the papers, and on the radio already. Do we really need to pump more of it out here? Like I said, you have every right to say what you want. But I’m going to support our boys. GBR!!

djorg
    Central City, NE

The greatest quote of the weekend.

“Now we know what it feels like to be Texas Tech.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.