IDA GTG

• orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

As I sit here in front of my computer reading and replying to different posts. It is clear we all share the same passion for chasing our finned friends whatever the weather. As a transplant from the NGPC board I was fortunate enough to meet a couple of guys from the old board before the switch.

I guess what I am getting at is why not do an IDA get together nothing formal just meet somewhere for a couple of brews, soda , whatever maybe some dinner. Talk about what we love (fishing) and put some names to faces. I know many of you on here have had the opportunity to do so already. Just throwin out an idea to see what kind of interest there is. With the big Outdoor show coming up in Omaha here in a couple of weeks could be a good excuse to get out after an exhausting day at the show.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

What’s the date on the Omaha show? I might be able to make that and then maybe we could hit Old Chicago for a calzone and some Honey Brown beer!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

My wife, my son and I will be in O-Town for the show for sure!! More than likely we will be down on the 24th. It would be nice to get together and meet a few more of the IDA’ers

orion94

Show dates are Feb 22-25. Sat the 24th would be a good date and Old Chicago sounds good as well. Any other takers?

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

Let me know what day, it should work for me if it isn’t snowing

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Saturday the 24th should work for me too.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I’ll look and see if it works for me too.

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Ill be in town trying to learn what ever I can at the next bite deal I believe its done at 5.

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

I’m there. Staying at Embassy Suites. Free beer/drinks there from 5-7. Get a room and take advantage. Real close to the Quest Center.

TMFLDEM

It would be a great time, but its a long way to drive for me especially if the fish are biting.

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

I wish I could make it out there. I will be in Knoxville, TN at the Bass Pro Shops doing some work for Lucky Craft that weekend.

J

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I have to work the morning of the 24th but I could make it up that way after work.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Do you guys want me to call Old Chicago and reserve a table for 12-15 people? Say, 6pm?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I could do that.

orion94

Wade,
    You beat me to it. I was going to post and ask the same question this evening when I got home. 24 Feb,6PM, Old Chicago works for me.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Which Old Chicago location??

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

No later than 6pm as it will be a bit of a drive to get back to central NE.

orion94

Quote:

Which Old Chicago location??

How about the one down in the Haymarket as it is the closest to the quest center.

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

CORRECTION- Old Market, the Haymarket is in Lincoln

orion94

Quote:

Old Market, the Haymarket is in Lincoln

Yeah what he said

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

OK, I called and they said they will take call ahead seating a couple of days ahead and that it should be no problem. She said they could put tables together for us.

The Location is:

Old Chicago 1111 Harney in Omaha, Nebraksa

Maybe we should make it 5pm for those who have to travel home?

orion94

Does 5 interfere with any of the seminars at the show? Has anyone seen a schedule of the seminars? I went to the link that was posted in another thread and it has not yet been updated. Outside of that 5 works for me. Whats everyone else think?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Chris, Is there a number to call? It would be nice to have that schedule posted. Do you want to try to get the details for us?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

5 sounds good if everyone is ok with that. We should beat the dinner rush at that time too.

orion94

Wade,

I dont know of a number to call. I can do some research tommorrow.Hopefully I will be able to track someone down and get some sort of a schedule from them.

Chris

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

The seminar schedule was in sunday’s weird herald but not today’s. The trash man came today, so can’t help. I believe Daryl Christenson’s last seminar is at 2 or 230, but not sure

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.