New Fishing Report added…

• SBEBDLLH

Nice job and nice fish Zach. Good to see some nice looking fish through the ice.
    Craig

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Great report! If the ice conditions stay safe, it looks like we might head that way in 2 weeks.

walleye4
    On the Water

You think the ice will hold on for this weekend Zach?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Oh Yea The ice was in great shape and with highs only in the 30’s and lows in the lower teens there will still be plenty of ice to fish on.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

You think the ice will hold on for this weekend Zach?

All I know is I’m picking up a transmission in a few hours, and hopefully it’ll be installed in the truck so I can actually go somewhere and maybe get some fishin in this weekend.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Brian-
    There will be a few of us at Sherman this weekend!!!!!
    Hope you can make it!!

TMFLDEM

sherman huh ben? Well now greg and i are in quite a predicament now arent we greg? Kirwin , Swanson or sherman ? thats a hard hard decision. Ohh and Its about time Robinson, been waiting for you to get that tranny so we can catch some fish man.. Still have to try out your new auger sometime this year

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Ohh and Its about time Robinson, been waiting for you to get that tranny so we can catch some fish man.. Still have to try out your new auger sometime this year

Man, you’re tellin ME!!! I won’t know WHAT to do now with a new tranny in there! $1800 later and all is well….I hope!

basswalleye
    Gibbon Nebraska

Brian who did your tranny?

walleye4
    On the Water

Don’t really know where I want to go for sure!

I could go to Kirwin and tick the locals off and catch a limit of 15″ slabs while they watch. I could go out to Swanson and see if I could get lucky. Or, I could go up to Sherman and catch some walleye. I kinda like the thought of going to Sherman since I got the inside scoop on a good bite but, also think making some KS boys jealous sounds like a good time too!

Guess we’ll just have to see what MOMMA NATURE gives us this week and go from there!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Brian who did your tranny?

Funny you ask…I actually bought the thing at Friesen Chevy at Sutton. 3 yr, 100k warranty, which can’t be beat. My boss is putting it in as he has a shop on the side. So I’m basically paying about the same as if I had it taken in and rebuilt, but am getting a much better warranty. We’ll see how it goes!

I’m hoping it’ll be done Thursday, so I can take it Saturday if need be. My vote’s for Sherman!

walleye4
    On the Water

Got chains for that wheeler hunter? Cause where I want to go would be a really long walk. Guess I could deal with the long walk as long as I caught some of the 5-6# eyes they got last week. Don’t know if Saturday will work for me yet. Might have some things to do at home. I plan on going 1 day this weekend though!

Still holding out hopes for some 15″ Slabs though.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

No, I don’t have any chains for it and have never really taken it out on ice, so I’m sure I’m in for some kind of experience if I take it. I’ll see what I can get done.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I put chains on my 3 wheeler and it works great. I made a 7 mile run one way on Mille Lacs pulling Pete in the sled and it did great. It will all depend on how deep the snow is. If it melted good and turns to frozen slush you will be ok. Another thing that will help is if you have good tires on it. I got my chains on ebay for $30 new.

djorg
    Central City, NE

Still a lot of snow in Central City but most of the lakes are slushy on top. Will know more on Friday because Wibs and I are planning on heading out some place close. Maybe back to Erickson; we got a few nice crappies and it is only a hundred yard pull instead of a mile.

Congrats Brian on finally getting your wheels back. Did you start getting the gips just sitting around?

dj

TMFLDEM

i dont have chains for my wheeler either, but ill just keep the rpms up so high its bound to go somewhere

If i wasnt a chicken sheet i would bring out the arctic cat, but im a chicken, its doesnt float like the honda.

What day is everyone looking at? Greg talked like he may have to do some things regarding his new house on saturday, but i think im helping a guy move on sunday, so i dont know whats gonna happen yet.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Congrats Brian on finally getting your wheels back. Did you start getting the gips just sitting around?

Uh, YA!! Was it that obvious??!??

I just took the tranny down and dropped it off, and he said he’d have it done TODAY! I told him not to hurry, but you gotta know the guy….he probably wouldn’t be able to sleep if it was in pieces in the garage when it could be done! But ya, I’ll be real happy having it back. Haven’t driven it much lately at all. I’m getting used to driving my Cougar around, so when I get in the truck, it feels weird being back high up again.

Maybe I’ll take a look around for some of those chains. My tires are real good on the wheeler, but I’ve never had it on ice, so I don’t know what to expect. The other issue is pulling the sled…..do you have an angle iron bar or something? Greg and I were talking, and like he said, if you’re going down a hill or something, you could have some real aggravation if the sled is always bumping into you and stuff.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

do you have an angle iron bar or something? Greg and I were talking, and like he said, if you’re going down a hill or something, you could have some real aggravation if the sled is always bumping into you and stuff.

I made a rigid hitch for the Minn. trip. Legally you have to have a rigid hitch there if someone is riding on the sled. The one I made works great. I used steel “gas line” pipe and tack welded each joint and welded cut off bolts in the ends for the sled. On the end that attaches to the wheeler I welded an I-bolt.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Pretty sweet, Ben! I’m going to have to look into something like that…..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.