Need Sunday Help/kohler intellicut mower engine

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I have a chance to get a great deal on a low hour 2023 cub XT1 mower. But it has what’s called Intellicut from Kohler. First off it’s a 19.5 hp, is that a single or a twin cylinder? Secondly, does anybody have any experience or know anything about this intellicut system? I’m just not real convinced that a 19.5 hp engine is capable of picking up grass to put in a bagger, or doing a very good job of mulching. All the cub dealers that I can find are closed on Sunday so I Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I guess it’s intelliPower. It’s supposedly senses whether the grass is high and wet or dry???

James Conklyn

Don’t know about the Kohler engine, but my 19.5 HP Briggs can bag and mulch just fine. Suspect it is a single cylinder.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I have that motor in a 45 inch Troy-Bilt. 6-7 years old, no problems. Plenty of power. Air and Oil filters at Fleet Farm. I would buy again.

Good Luck. waytogo

-J.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Do both you guys actually know it’s IntelliPower? Some research told me it was lower cost engine for big box stores. Also said is efi, fuel injected, and repairs can be problems. Cub makes you believe it’s a brand new engine?.?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

No fuel injection or EFI on my motor.

-J.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Hard to really provide an opinion without knowing what the “great deal” means? What’s the price and hours?

My dad has (I think) an XT2. It seems to work fine for him. My parents moved to town after retiring and only have about a half acre flat lot though as well.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

It was a 2023 XT1 w/42 hours with a bagger for $1950. The bag was never even put on. Was an elderly man that because of health had to hire a lawn service. His kids were selling it and it was sold before I got back to them. It was a single cylinder it turned out that I wasn’t to nuts about. BB, the XT2’s are twins, either Kohler or Kawasaki.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I have had 3 Cub Cadets, a 19.5hp Kohler is most likely a twin cylinder.
    My last one was a 18hp twin Kohler.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.