Need some advice "rod holders"

• A – Aron
    Red Wing

I have this awesome little 16′ Lund I gave a face lift. New paint, new foam, new carpet and motor ect.

I want to put some decent rod holders on it. I don’t want to really put on the screw on vise style, because the paint is awesome.

Any other options ? The gunnel is a tad narrow to screw in mounts.

Attachments:
    1. image-83.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Are those oar holders? They have rod holder mounts that fit into those, had them on my ’72 S-14.

I’ll look into the garage tomorrow or the next if I have them still, if I do they are yours if ya want. Cabelas brand I believe.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Eagle Claw makes one that will work for your boat, might have to use a small piece of 2×4 but it clamps on and works just like one with a permanent base, I’ve used them trolling with no issues

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Nice job on the boat. As far as rod holders go for that boat, clamp on may be your only option. You could carpet a piece of wood and bolt it just under the gunwale and mount the rod holder to that

GlennRengo
    Maple Grove, MN

Cabela’s 360HT Rod Holder with High Lift Extension. Mount the base flat onto your bench seat and the high extension will allow the rod holder and rod to clear your gunwale.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Cabela’s 360HT Rod Holder with High Lift Extension. Mount the base flat onto your bench seat and the high extension will allow the rod holder and rod to clear your gunwale.

I think that this is a really good suggestion. If at some point you think that you would like to add a downrigger, they sell brackets that mount to the seat and the top of the gunnel to form base for a downrigger mount.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Agree. Did this on my jon boat. Deck to rail is 10 inches. Clears rail by 1.5 inches. Scottys, Cabelas, RAM all have this style rod holder. Good Luck.

-J.

Attachments:
    1. 004-1.jpg

2. 003.jpg

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Yes puddlepounder, you are correct, better off havin more space in a limited area inside the boat. My point is to max out ones amount of space for efficiency for ones self and friends, it will be beneficial in the long, that said, its all about trial an error, just going from my ol ass experiences, poop happens, and when ya think you’ve seen it all just wait a lil bit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.