Need ideas for PVC shroud protecter for auger?

• Jaxson Sobotta

I just bought a strike master lithium laser and want to protect it through harsh conditions/ transporting and just regular ware and tear. Any ideas on a shroud that will come up to the top of the head? How bout ideas on protecting the head as well. I’m open to any kind of idea or projects that you have done similar to. Thanks!

Jaxson Sobotta

That’s great for storage or transportation but not for hole jumping and moving around a lot. I’m looking for something that allows quick draw and no time to unzip and move around. I think a thin PVC that is like 8 1/4 inches would work for my 8″auger

Bassn Dan

That’s great for storage or transportation but not for hole jumping and moving around a lot. I’m looking for something that allows quick draw and no time to unzip and move around. I think a thin PVC that is like 8 1/4 inches would work for my 8″auger

Like this? http://www.rapala.com/otter/general-ice-accessories/auger-shield/auger-shield/Auger+Shield.html?id=11

PVC that big is going to weigh a ton for a homemade shroud.

kroger3
    blaine mn

FYI it sounds like there is some sort of recall for that auger.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

That’s a new on me…..any details?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>kroger3 wrote:</div>

That’s a new on me…..any details?

My question was answered in the recall thread….good thing I was looking at next year….

plumbum75

That auger won’t fit inside a piece of 8″ pvc. You would have to go to 10″, but then would be a sloppy fit…..

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

When I get out to an area I drill my holes set my auger down. After it cools back in it goes. Works great for me. Are you on foot or machine. If you are on a machine they make what you are looking for. I think otter does.

Jaxson Sobotta

They do but its like 160 bucks, I want something cheap but effects. Hmmm, choices.

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Just put the blade cover on and don’t worry about the rest. The auger shaft is the most durable part. I’d be much more concerned with protecting the power head and blades.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.