Need builder 34×40 polebarn

• Ben

Need of builder to put up 34×40 pole barn near deer river, mn. I lost my builder, its a menards, with prem. Steel and 2×6 gerts

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

I was talking to some of the neighbors to see if they needed work. One said, he would not touch it. The other said, he would have to have at least 40% more for the build. They both told me they almost always lose money because of shortages, damaged or wrong materials. Then Menards wants 100+ to deliver the right stuff where a lumber yard will take care of you right away.
    Also said they are more work climbing with the extra space between grits.
    Sorry, I wanted to be of help!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Is the material bought and already delivered and on-site?

Very difficult to find builders in rural MN (or anywhere in MN for that matter) who are taking on work. I’m having a garage done right now, I booked the contractor in October of 2020. Currently, he has jobs scheduled into 2022.

A good resource is the local lumberyard, probably in Grand Rapids for you. They will know the local contractors, so make a long list and start calling. You never know, you might get lucky and find someone who had a job that got cancelled or put on hold for material cost, permit, or other reasons.

Also, when you talk to builders, even if they can’t do the work, ask them who they recommend. Some builders refer to others when they can’t take a job, so it’s worth asking.

Ben

Yes building is on site, had a builder tell me what to order then lost three of his crew of five

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.