Need advice….

• Jeff Schomaker

Does anyone have any input on a fall Big Stone bite? We are trying a new fall trip this year and headed up there for a few days the beginning of October. Any advice would be appreciated.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

What are you fishing for? Walleye? Large Mouth? Panfish?

Jeff Schomaker

On this trip we will take about anything. We would really like to target walleyes. We typically throw a lot of swimbaits and cranks. We never use live bait.

Ripjiggen

Keep tabs on Arties bait. They are usually pretty dialed in and helpful.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Arties is the best resource to keep an eye on for current info.
    In my opinion there’s better walleye options in that region. You can catch them on big stone but it’s not where I’d go out there.
    Id suggest going another hour west and focusing on the Webster SD area if walleyes are the main focus.
    Big stone definitely has walleyes but not like it used to. As bass, bluegill, and crappie populations have increased the walleyes have gotten harder to find.
    Traverse and LQP are both worth keeping in mind too.

Jeff Schomaker

Kind of stuck to BS since we are staying on the lake. But appreciate the advice. We are more than willing to catch all other species as long as quality is there. Basically it is looking like it will be a true fishing trip instead of a walleye trip. I will tie on a 3″ keitech and a #5 shallow flicker shad and cast shorelines and see what pattern we can develop.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.