NE MN deer hunting

• Mike J
    Wright County

Hey guys. I hunt in zone 178, near Meadowlands MN. Wondering if there is anyone on here around the area. I know crappie with a zip code user name has a hunting camp in the area. But I haven’t seen him active in awhile. I recently put out a trail cam. Past couple years with the trail cam, it’s been all bears and wolves. Just interested who’s all in the area. I run an off grid deer camp here using a tent. Back to basics camps are my ideal setup, especially historical camps with tradition.

Brad Dimond

I hunt near Shaw, 20 miles ENE of you. We have a shack with electricity but no running water. Camp has been in existence since 1961. All of the original guys have passed on. I hunt with sons and grandsons of the founders. Two of the sons have been friends since grade school in the early 1970s. Closing in on 50 years of deer hunting in the area. Been grouse hunting there for 50 years this fall. Deer success has been spotty and I have other spots I could hunt. Don’t want to miss out on the fellowship in camp so I’ll keep going back.

One of the crew runs a couple of cellular trail cams, he’s been sending pictures of deer, moose and turkeys. Only one wolf in 2024.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.