Navionics chip W/Lowrance handheld?

• bullcans
    Northfield MN

I have a Lowrance Endura Out & Back unit
    I have a Navionics hotmap chip which doesn’t show much for lakes with detailed contours on them for the Midwest region
    I primarily fish South Dakota and the glacial lakes region and below lake Sharpe on the Missouri has no contours at all shown.
    Which chip do I need to get what I’m looking for?
    I know there are some Navionics and Lowrance guru’s out there so please steer me right here
    Thx in advance

KirtH
    Lakeville

The Hotmaps Premium may work, bring you GPS into a Cabelas and see if they have a demo chip to confirm

If you have a Smartphone or iPad get the Navionics Mobile app same maps on your phone and way easier to use. Get a waterproof case with a float

Adam Jasken

I have the same one and have a lake master chip in mine but if you have a smartphone you can get better higher detailed apps for your phone fairly cheap

From my understanding, the Endura line of handhelds doesn’t have full GPS functionality using the Navionics chips, it reverts the unit to a b grade simple viewer/tracker without the ability to track or make way points.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I have the Avionics app on my smartphone but it isn’t very accurate at all.
    At least not on the lakes I visited recently. That’s why I was hoping the Endura with the appropriate chip would dial me in much close to the spots I’m looking for

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.