My plan for 2015

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I know it’s early, but I like to get my food plot plan figured out early for the next spring. Then I can get seed ordered, hopefully find some deals on it and start making my spring schedule. Here is my plan, the picture is from my farmlogs account. Still not sure about the far east plot by the lake. This is just mowed grass right now that I am turning into a new plot. I might grow RR corn in there the first year so I can get a handle on weeds with spraying.
    S= beans
    TN= brassica
    AF= alfalfa
    C= corn
    CL= clover

Attachments:
    1. plots-2-2015.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I like it. The old man is coming up for Xmas and I was planning to have this very conversation with him. We are going to gain another 10 acres of food plot ground now that the pheasant pens are gone. I’m leaning towards a little more small grains to help the pheasants out more. Problem is we don’t have a drill. Might have to beg a neighbor come put in a few rows of sourgham for me.

sticker

Thanks guys, anything you would do different?

I have updated the pic to include the sanctuary F=sanctuary roughly 15 acres

Attachments:
    1. Plot-plan-2015.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I roll a couple moldy round bails into my woods and pile some tree tops for added cover. When the weather is really bad, they bed up against those round bails a lot

sticker

That’s a great idea, thanks Randy. I have a couple perfect spots to do just that. South facing slope overlooking winter food.

deertracker

How did you make your notes on the picture? I just started an account but can’t figure out how you did that.
    DT

sticker

When you add a field on the right side you can name the field and list what is planted in it, or you can go back an edit the field and add the crop. Lots of neat little tricks to the site, just takes some time to figure them out. Let me know if you need more help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.