MX1825 vs. WX1910

• Coldfront

Congratulations on the new boat. You will like it a lot. I had a 1900 and in 2016 I was looking at a new boat either the 1910 or a Ranger FS619, I ended up buying a 2060. I ruled the FS619 out because I didn’t care for the reduced room in the back because of the storage compartments were so wide and to get to the side of the boat to net a fish I would have had to kneel on the side compartments, at least on the Lund you can take them out. One thing that I like about the Ranger FS series boats is that the way the interior is laid out is that the FS series are all the same. I would have bought a 1910 but the interior layout is different from the 2060 and 2190. I like the cup holders and tool holders that are on the bigger boats. I also can’t understand why there is storage on the right side on the boat behind the shifter. I can’t understand why Skeeter does not have the same interior layout on all the WX series.
    one accessory that I added to my package was the Drotto Catch n Release. Why I never had a Drotto before I will never know. It should mandatory on all trailers. For those that can back a trailer down the ramp it would cut unloading and loading by over half.

captaindelight

I want to thank all of you who posted on this thread. I just purchased a new MX 1825 and found this thread useful.

For me I bass and panfish most of the time, go on a walleye fishing trip on Ottertail every year.

Since Ottertail is the biggest lake I fish, the 1825 works well for me. The little bit lower profile is nice for bass fishing.

I pretty much knew the 1825 was the correct boat for me, but it sure was nice reading the input and reasons others chose one boat over the other.

Thanks again

bclii
    MN/AZ

Congrats on your purchase! Now the wait for the snow/ice to go away!

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Congratulations! I got a new to me 1825 over the winter also and cannot wait to get it out.

HMoshier

Took mine down to Cave Run for the first time yesterday. Despite the wind and waves it performed flawlessly. Much more comfortable ride than my aluminum v-hull. Fished great as well. Drifting was much more manageable although I didn’t take it into the tree tops as much as my tin boat (lake is up 27’ and Muskies there are known to move back into the tree line). My fishing partner, who’s been looking at a Ranger 621, was very impressed with it. I just need to remember where I stored everything…

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.