MX1825 towing question

• BT

Hey fellas / looking to buy a new MX1825 in the near future with a 150 yamie, 9.9 kicker, and 36v trolling motor. My daily driver is a 2013 Tacoma with a tow package. Max load is 5,000. The majority of my towing will be under 20 mins to the lake and back but I do make several 8+ hour trips a year. I live in and do a lot of city driving or else I would still have my tundra. Will this tow vehicle get the job done and would I be crazy to go with a single axel trailer?

Thanks in advance!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

This is just my opinion, but I would go with the double axle. I think it will take some stress off of your Tacoma. The trailer brakes will help with stopping. Your MPG’s will probably be terrible on those longer trips.

mojogunter

The tandem pulls harder than a single, but in general tandems have less issues if the boat is close to maxing out a single. The only thing I don’t like about a tandem is that pushing the trailer in the garage by hand, it is almost impossible to maneuver it around. Better be on the right line when you disconnect the trailer.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Several of the competitors don’t even offer a tandem as a option. With that said, if you didn’t have the long trips, hands down, the single is more than adequate. I can share that there isn’t a blanket answer to single or tandem, but I have yet to have a customer regret going to a tandem, but do have a few customers that wished they would have gotten the tandem vs a single.

Your tow vehicle, most folks need to recognize that when it tow, you need to be much more conservative with your lane changes, passing , and stopping distance.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

Has anybody ever seen or used the Trailer Valet to move a tandem around? Google it and take a look, $600 is a lot of money but it sure looks like it would work?

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

The trailer valet would work as long as it is heavy duty enough. We have made them and used them to move tri axle trailers around. Harbor freight might even have a heavy duty one for a lot less. Oh and that includes the wheels of the trailer valet as well.
    Hope this helps
    James W

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.