MX1825 – a few rigging questions

• BT

So I will start rigging my new mx1825 this weekend and have a few questions.

Are the grounds good enough to wire electronics to the on board fuse block or am I better off going dirrecty to the battery?

Also – where is best spot to mount my Onix SI transducer and also the transom mount high speed transducer? Pictures would help greatly.

Thank you!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Search bbcboards hummingbird

Many examples on that website of various models of boats with duecer mounted.

I would think the block is good enough but best practice is directly to battery

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i’ve always used the fuse board on my boats and haven’t ever had any interference issues. i know other people have had issues with it and encourage direct wiring as a result. Humminbird recommends direct wiring because it eliminates one possible source of interference, even if it’s relatively uncommon.

i would test it at the block first since it’s easy to do, and the easier overall way to install. if you end up with interference you can easily rewire it direct to the battery.

JoeMX1825
    MN

always go directly to the battery, eliminates potential issues….only worry is that you could accidentally bump the power button, but you could also accidentally bump your main power switch as well…Give your large electronics good clean power…Onix’s units are power hungry, make sure you use thick wire for it…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Here’s my Humminbird HDSI ducer install location, I use a splitter for the through-hull 2D ducer glassed in from the factory

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4052.jpg

pale ryder
    NULL

I have a HB 898 at the bow a 898 and 1159 at the console 5 port Ethernet switch and a NMEA backbone all powered by the factory wiring on my MX 1825. All of it works great, no interference or any other problems. I used the factoy wiring on my last boat,a Ranger 618 tiller, also without any problems

Here’s a pic of my HDSI mounted with a bracket I made so I didn’t have to drill in to the transom. I have a splitter cable to get 2d from the factory glassed in transducer.

Attachments:
    1. HPIM0656.jpg

BT

That bracket is awesome. Nice work. I haven’t taken the fuse block out yet to see but is that whole bottom row of accessories usable?

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

There’s probably some accessory anf ground wires already connected to the box. A couple tied up under console, and a couple up under the bow point.

pale ryder
    NULL

That bracket is awesome. Nice work. I haven’t taken the fuse block out yet to see but is that whole bottom row of accessories usable?

Thank you, I was thinking about selling them, but didn’t find enough interested customers.

Yes there are 7 console auxiliary breakers and a bow auxiliary breaker. They each have a numbered positive and a negative wire attached to them. the bow wires are behind the bow panel. The console wires are behind the console access cover, a 5″ round screw out cover under the console just forward of the fuse panel.
    At least that is how my 2013 is rigged, newer models may be different.

martyb

Joe- How does your unit read at speed with the transducer mounted to the rear of the hull rather than the rear of the keel? I would think there would be a ton of interference and/or loss of signal in that location.

JoeMX1825
    MN

reads just fine, I scan SI less than 5 mph, I split my in-hull 2D ducer signal for high speed readings…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.