MX series discontinued!!

• John Doe

I apologize if this has already been discussed.
    Seriously, WTF is Skeeter thinking. The only thing that differentiates you from Ranger is the MX series. This desicion will come back to haunt Skeeter. I own an MX1825 and love it. The next time I am in the market for a glass boat I won’t even bother to look at Skeeter. If the MX wasn’t selling that is a failure of your marketing department not the boat itself. I suspect the success of Yammaha outboards allows Skeeeter to make bad decisions and not affect the parent companies bottom line, sad really.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Is the MX series really that different from the Reata or Angler? Ranger has made both of those for almost 20 years haven’t they?

Did they actually discontinue it? The MX1825 still shows up on their site(though the 2025 doesn’t).

John Doe

The MX is different in price point which is by far its’ the most important difference. Things like height of the back and front deck off of the main floor along with a 50″ livewell and 12′ rod locker down the side of the boat are a few of the interior features that differentiate the MX from Ranger and make for a much friendlier layout.

gregl2017

Well if this is true, maybe I’ll be able to find a new one at a good price )

Question on the MX line, would you get beat up running in water like this, I’d say the waves are ranging between 1.5 to 3′ footers. When we hit rough water in the areas we tend to fish this is what it typically looks like. If we start to see it getting worse we typically bail LOL!

Would we be able to run on plane (Not thinking 40mph but thinking 20-25mph maybe) and not get soaked and beat up in weather like this in a MX2025.

Waves

404 ERROR
    MN

Attachments:
    1. pou_7153.png

JoeMX1825
    MN

dumb decision if true…The other possibility is that they simply re-brand the MX series after taking a production year off…this makes sense as they really haven’t changed anything with the boat for the past 5 years…re-splash with a new model # release next year and add a price premium to it…

Glad I got my 2013 when I did..love that boat..

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

MX1825 isn’t going anywhere. Still very popular selling boat. The MX2040 is no longer being made, as the decision to re-design the WX2060 and also introduce the new WX2200 IF anyone is interested in a 2018 MX2040 The Boat Center still has one.

Don’t forget The boat center is having a ride/drive event this Saturday on Pool 4 at Mr. Sippi from 10am-3pm. We will have the new Skeeter WX2200 as well as WX2060, WX1910, Solera 205, MX1825, ZX250, along Warrior V208, V2090,and V1890 and Ranger 621FS, 620FS, 1850 Reata, and 1880 Angler models to drive. This is an amazing opportunity to hop into 3 different boat brands and test drive the models you may have some curiosity about!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

John
    We have several MX1825 on order and being built as we speak. Yes, disappointingly, the 20 ft MX was discontinued. Ultimately,the consumer will decide on the merits of the models you mentioned in your post.
    Change is inevitable with most everything and opinions will vary !

carver
    West Metro

Love my 20ft MX, storage for me is perfect, great layout for muskie fishing. Never was a fan of the WX’s with the jump seats. I guess with the change is a little better with the back rest now.

I looked at the new picks of the side storage, is the side rod locker shorter? is the other side storage smaller? Looks like I can’t even fit planer boards in there. I wish the front bait well wasn’t just a hole….I never use it and always use it for dry storage, screen covers, coat, rod holders, etc

Dean Marshall

Love my 20ft MX, storage for me is perfect, great layout for muskie fishing. Never was a fan of the WX’s with the jump seats. I guess with the change is a little better with the back rest now.

I looked at the new picks of the side storage, is the side rod locker shorter? is the other side storage smaller? Looks like I can’t even fit planer boards in there. I wish the front bait well wasn’t just a hole….I never use it and always use it for dry storage, screen covers, coat, rod holders, etc

The entire boat storage layout is different. With the thinner gunnels the side storage is thinner but similar length. The rear storage more than offsets that with 18 3700s in each compartment vs 3 3600 in the previous model.

A quick look in person will validate that the storage factor shouldnt be anything but better. After running it a full season, I had no lack of storage.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Just my speculation, but could see a 19 foot MX in the future – splitting the difference between the two. My MX is such a “Swiss army knife” for multi-species fishing, but seems the world is currently in love with battleship sized boats requiring least a 250 to push them. Too bad the MX 2040 did not catch on, it is a great boat!

clawman
    Spokane Wa

VERY disappointing. I had a MX 1825 for several years and really liked the boat but wanted something bigger so bought a Ranger 621, too big for my style. I’ve run that this summer and miss my Skeeter. I have been planning on getting a MX 2040 w/300.
    So much for that plan, guess I’ll have to go to the 620 Ranger instead, too bad.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

This doesn’t especially surprise me. The MX2040 was designed and targeted mostly at muskie fishermen. And when their muskie TV show promoter switched to a WX last year, you had to know this was coming…

As a muskie fisherman, I’ve never even given the MX2040 a very serious look. Imho, the only clear advantage it offered was a front deck that’s closer to the water. And since all my rods are between 8’6″ and 9’6″ those inches of height don’t impact fishing very much anyway. That hull and lower freeboard also means less storage, less dry ride, and less ability in rough conditions for almost the same price. I ran a couple Tuffy X-190s when I was affiliated with them, and yes those “cross-over” boats can get you there, just not as comfortably as a deeper hull. People who are buying large fiberglass boats are likely to travel to large waters for fishing, and want to be able to fish rough conditions comfortably. For my dollars, the WX-series just offers a ton more in that area.

(The MX1825 is a really different boat, targeting an entirely different demographic.)

Gregk9
    Far Northern IL

As a muskie fisherman, I’ve never even given the MX2040 a very serious look. Imho, the only clear advantage it offered was a front deck that’s closer to the water. And since all my rods are between 8’6″ and 9’6″ those inches of height don’t impact fishing very much anyway. That hull and lower freeboard also means less storage, less dry ride, and less ability in rough conditions for almost the same price.

The shallower cockpit makes working on muskies over the side of the boat easier. The overall lower profile of the boat means less freeboard to catch wind. 2 of my favorite features of my 1825. I probably won’t ever go bigger but if I did, it would have been the 2040. Maybe they *will* come out with a MX 1910. That would definitely get my attention!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

The shallower cockpit makes working on muskies over the side of the boat easier.

The cockpit isn’t actually that much shallower. An inch? Two? The difference is greater in the bow. I’ve unhooked one or two muskies in the back of a lot of different boats, and my WX is as easy for that as any.

The overall lower profile of the boat means less freeboard to catch wind.

Can’t remember a time when I was bothered by wind pushing me around, and I seek it out whenever possible. React keel plus a 36v Ulterra keeps me completely in control. The flatter front deck is for sure a better casting platform though.

Maybe they *will* come out with a MX 1910. That would definitely get my attention!

I doubt it, too much overlap with 1825 and clearly not enough demand for 2040. Not saying you’re wrong, I’m just aware that I’m their target demographic and it never caught my interest very much at a price so close to the WX boats. If it was significantly less expensive? Maybe.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Just my opinion here, so don’t fry me. Targeting muskie guys as a group to build a boat for would seem like financial suicide– way too small of a group. I wonder if that was ever the intent? If so, that was a poor decision. My understanding it was targeted towards multispecies guys. Like I said before, seems the “battleship” sized rigs able to handle big water are all the current rage- then drops off to mid-priced aluminum boats. I also think some Skeeter dealerships never knew how to correctly market and sell the MX series- so even if SBC sold a bunch, the rest of the Skeeter world did not.

Like I said, just my 2 cents!

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

@evertsresort1
    Greetings Dean,
    Noticed in the show you and James did you had 300 offshore , kicker and Eagle Talon.

1. How does One Tallon hold the boat?

2 In your opinion, would a single talon be worth it on a new MX1825 150 4stroke and kicker?

Never used one and two seems best.
    I just don’t want extra weight on the transom and give the boat that dreaded bow rise sitting still.

Thank you Sir for your time.
    Have a great Autumn
    James W

Dean Marshall

James,
    The talon is primarily used for docking applications rare shallow wter fishing. In my opinion, the new blue tooth spotlock is a far better fishing application for the $ invested.

Gregk9
    Far Northern IL

The shallower cockpit makes working on muskies over the side of the boat easier.

The cockpit isn’t actually that much shallower. An inch? Two? The difference is greater in the bow. I’ve unhooked one or two <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>muskies in the back of a lot of different boats, and my WX is as easy for that as any.

3 inches. That’s the mx 1825 vs WX 1910. Moving up to the 2060 the difference is 4 1/2 inches. It makes a difference when hanging over the side of the boat, especially if your back isn’t as good as it used to be. ;)

Can’t remember a time when I was bothered by wind pushing me around, and I seek it out whenever possible. React keel plus a 36v Ulterra keeps me completely in control.

That’s great. But you can’t deny, the less freeboard, the less surface area for the wind to catch.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

James,
    The talon is primarily used for docking applications rare shallow wter fishing. In my opinion, the new blue tooth spotlock is a far better fishing application for the $ invested.

Thank You Dean!!
    Probably only use I might have is anchored up fishing for big cats but hey that’s what they make anchors for.
    Thank you again….

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

3 inches. That’s the mx 1825 vs WX 1910. Moving up to the 2060 the difference is 4 1/2 inches. It makes a difference when hanging over the side of the boat, especially if your back isn’t as good as it used to be.

I’ll gently observe that the difference in interior cockpit depth is not the same as the difference from rear deck to water line…

Gregk9
    Far Northern IL

I’ll gently observe that the difference in interior cockpit depth is not the same as the difference from rear deck to water line…

Ummm, ok but you’re not gonna tell me that I can reach the waterline just as easily out of a 2060 as I can out of a 1825, are you?

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Yes, the 1825 (and 2040) is closer…and the idea that this means it is easier doesn’t hold up when actually on the water, as access to fish in the rear of the 1910 or 2060 is quite easy. It’s a difference in measurements without a meaningful real-world distinction.

Skeeter cut both the WX2000T and the MX2040 from the lineup, and expanded the Solera lineup. Hmmm. It’s understandable to me from a business view, and a bummer to have fewer pure fishing boat choices, especially now that the Uflex steering option would allow for a 200hp motor on the WX2000T.

This is pretty semantic anyway, everyone should buy what they can afford and choose what they like for their own reasons.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

If this has been covered elsewhere I apologize for bringing it up again.

1. Is there any real differences between a 2018 and 2019 mx1825?

2. Are the same color patterns available in both years?

Thank You

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Also if I could add question can the 1825 fit through a standard 7′ high garage door?

Dean Marshall

Also if I could add question can the 1825 fit through a standard 7′ high garage door?

yes

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Might have to shorten the ladder, mine had to. SBC did so before I left with my boat- nothing a sawzall can’t fix!

John Doe

Cal Svihel “The mx1825 isnt going anywhere.” It’s gone now. That post didn’t age well.

JoeMX1825
    MN

My MX1825 just got a little more valuable today )

Love that boat!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.