Must've been FIBs

• WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

because cheeseheads would’ve never lost their beer…

Story:

Christian Burzynski, Adam Graves and Andy Holst have been fishing in Wisconsin’s Wolf River for a very long time. Their fishing rods have brought in a whole lot of junk over the years, but one surprise catch last month is still making headlines.

“We were amazed to see that what we pulled up was a six-pack of Budweiser,” Graves, 33, told ABC News. “We couldn’t believe it when we pulled it up because it is such an usual find.”

The rusty cans show decades-old wear and tear of a rough time in deep waters. They weren’t strong enough to hold their liquor, but the empty cans were weighed down with sand, and that made for a little extra effort to reel in the prized catch.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin-fishing-buddies-reel-60-year-pack-beer/story?id=38814943

craig s

I used to live in the appleton area (7 years) after 1 year of pretending I knew,i finally asked a co worker what fib meant mrgreen
    After spending my weekends in Vilas/Oneida counties I understood.. hah

Iowaboy1

I used to live in the appleton area (7 years) after 1 year of pretending I knew,i finally asked a co worker what fib meant mrgreen

aint that the truth!! we had five guys come down from appleton for fifteen years to pheasant hunt with us,we would hear them say that term when we were on the interstate to the next field( s )

once we knew what it meant, we laughed our butts off.
    the sad part is when we went to appleton to fish the wolf river with them,we found out why,geez louise.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Yep, I lived almost 30 years in Madison. Had a cabin up in Iron county (Mercer) area. Spent a lot of time in Vilas/Oneida ctys as well. They’d take over like they owned everything! Maybe they did? Always knew the FIB was coming when you saw the flashing high beams in your rearview mirror as they blew by at 80-90 mph on the freeway up. Must’ve been taking advantage of the WI freeway once they escaped the Il toll way. FIB’s moon

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Awe come on guys.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve heard this term in MN about IA on the sippi also…meant in all fun, however…

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

You are right, it is all meant in fun, most of the time ) I have also used the term f.i.s.h. and have heard many others use that term as well. But all in fun as I have a lot of friends from south of the border….

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Actually it’s FISHTAB the last three are Towing A Boat, I will leave the first four for you to figure out.

craig s

Isn’t Iowa=idiot out wondering around?

Iowaboy1

Craig,it originally stood for Indians on warpath again,but with the society we have today,I will even go with idiot out wandering around.

while we are having some fun,it was once said that if iowa gave the lower three tiers of counties to missouri,the IQ would double in both states.

craig s

All in fun!!
    I’ve hunted birds and whitetail in Iowa and just about every person I’ve met were good people! Even in illinois (except for trespassers we caught)..

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Never head it. ??? Can someone be kind enough to send me a PM ?

-J.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I just asked my co-worker from De Pere, he started laughing and said it ends with Illinois monkeybutts…the equivalent to Cidiots or 612er’s in MN.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.