Muskies!

• Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Leech Lake has been pretty consistent when it comes to musky fishing the last few weeks! Good numbers of fish are being seen and caught. Many fish are being had while fishing walleyes! Might be a clue to slow down and down size…hmmm Managed a beautiful 43″ fish during the 2016 Musky Shootout on another HoneyHole Lure. Good enough for 7th in the Shootout. We should see some BIG fish in the coming month or more! If you find green weeds hit ’em! The rock reefs get pounded every single day…for good reason, but don’t be afraid to look at more out of the way spots.

Attachments:
    1. 2016-Shootout-Fish.jpg

2. 2016-Shootout.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s only 43″? Wow! Thick and beautiful. Congrats!

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Thanks Ralph. Yup…just 43. It is always exciting when you get a large predator in the net! I am sure we will see some giants to follow. The best is yet to come.

I will be headed to Rainy for some monster pike trips next week…looking for some 43’s plus! This one was the biggest in the boat last fall.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1981.jpg

Jonesy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ralph Wiggum wrote:</div>

Thanks Ralph. Yup…just 43. It is always exciting when you get a large predator in the net! I am sure we will see some giants to follow. The best is yet to come.

I will be headed to Rainy for some monster pike trips next week…looking for some 43’s plus! This one was the biggest in the boat last fall.

That fish is insane.

basseyes

Great looking fish!

Love it when guys are actually honest about their measurements, makes fish look way bigger. My favorite is a 30″ walleye that wouldn’t measure 27″ on my ruler. I digress. Great pics!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

40″ Leech this weekend. Darnest thing it lassoed itself around my lindy rig. No idea how that happened, but made like a missle for a cool jump on the other side of boat. Hook never penetrated, made for the quite the battle to get in on 6# line. Took a lil bit for her to release but good splash of the tail said she was good to go.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20161014_172606559.jpg

2. IMG_20161014_172205487.jpg

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Leech Lake has been pretty consistent when it comes to musky fishing the last few weeks! Good numbers of fish are being seen and caught. Many fish are being had while fishing walleyes! Might be a clue to slow down and down size…hmmm Managed a beautiful 43″ fish during the 2016 Musky Shootout on another HoneyHole Lure. Good enough for 7th in the Shootout. We should see some BIG fish in the coming month or more! If you find green weeds hit ’em! The rock reefs get pounded every single day…for good reason, but don’t be afraid to look at more out of the way spots.

Deron you were at the shootout? I was to we were team 34 we didnt do good but we had our chances congrats on the 43. It was our first time doing the shootout and it was a lot of fun and they had really cool prises in fact I was the one that won the reel on Friday at the rules meeting

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Deron you were at the shootout? I was to we were team 34 we didnt do good but we had our chances congrats on the 43. It was our first time doing the shootout and it was a lot of fun and they had really cool prises in fact I was the one that won the reel on Friday at the rules meeting
    [/quote]

I was boat 29. It was my first shoot out as well. Tournament was well done and great fun! I saw you get the reel! Those darn muskies can be frustrating that’s for sure. You get ’em fishing walleyes and then you can’t score when you are after them… Like you, we had a few more chances on day one. Day 2 was a grind for me. Good luck out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.