Mudbuggin

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

anyone trapping craws on here? Ive tried it once or twice with limited success. Thinking I might make a few traps this year and give it a go. I think it would be a fun thing to do. If anyone does this and would be willing to allow me to tag along to learn a thing or two or just send me a PM with some advice that would be awesome! Think we are still a ways away as the DNR says the season doesn’t start until April 1st

troutbum
    St. Paul

Check out Joe and Zach Survival channel on youtube. He lives just north of the cities. He has a lot of helpful videos posted over the years.

Go to youtube, search joeandzachsurvival. Click on “playlists”. He has a section crayfish/crawfish with 51 videos.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

yeah I watch his show all the time. just finished watching some of his older videos on this is what got me started on it haha

troutbum
    St. Paul

Yeah. The guy is machine. Never seen somebody who does as much as him.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Yeah. The guy is machine. Never seen somebody who does as much as him.

yeah no kidding. never takes a break. He has a great channel though I really enjoy watching his videos of him at the cabin especially. MN drifter I couldn’t click on anything in your post. not sure why

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Does anyone know where to find info on the trap size, etc.?

tim hurley

Always got a bunch when I tried a minnow trap-but never got minnows.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Does anyone know if it’s legal to use fish carcasses in the traps in mn?

Xbomber8X
    Sartell, MN

Also a big fan of joeandzachsurvival, great channel and also agree that joe is a machine!

bassh8er

I’m from NE and I love Joe as well.

You guys should hook him up with some ice fishing advice tho!

queenswake
    NULL

Another viewer of Joe’s channel. It’s crazy the amount of work he puts into filming and processing the videos. But there is something about his stuff and style that makes it very likeable. A lot of his style reminds me of that Alone in the Wilderness about that guy back in the 60s and 70s or whatever who filmed himself building a life out in the Alaskan wilderness.

The only thing that’s not my style is there he is sitting up in the middle of the wilderness somewhere north of Duluth (assuming near Ely), and he’s there on Wifi. That’s no escape for me. Plus with all of the work he puts in positioning the cameras and filming, I wonder how much time he actually gets to just enjoy where he’s at and what’s he’s doing. I go up to places like that to get away from all of the technology and all of that.

I’d also like to say that his son has a lot to learn from his dad about what makes good content for a channel.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Yeah his kid is a soft taco. Joe is a red squirrel. Guy can do it all. Cant hate Joe’s A.D.H.D for him tweaking his cameras for our benefit. His catalog of biblical volumes of vids are over-the-top informative.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.