Muck/rubber boots

• Gitchi Gummi

I’m looking at getting a decent pair of muck/rubber boots for my South Dakota trips this year. They wont get a ton of use like my other hunting boots, so not looking to buy a top of the line boot, but still want a decent pair. Looking to spend somewhere around $100-$125 would be ideal. Will be using more for upland hunting than anything else, so not looking for a ton of thinsulate. Any recommendations? Thanks!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I have 3 pairs of Muck boots. One pair is the Artic. Good for ice fishing (warm). Another pair is the Mens Chore (mid). These aren’t as warm but are light and good for walking. They are easier to get on/off than the Artics. The last pair I wear all winter just running around are Ankle boots. All of them keep your feet dry. For hunting in temps above 10F, I would go with the Chore or Ankle styles.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sportsmans Guide has a stack of them by the front door. On sale. I just got a pair. Un-insulated and made for what you describe. Model is Field Blazer. On sale.
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=muck+fieldblazer

PS-I have not used them yet but they appear to fit well. I just need to wear a midweight sock so they arent loose.

JEREMY
    BP

Muck boots are awesome if you can find a pair that’s a few years old. The new ones suck. First ones I had I only quit wearing because they had so many miles on them the were literally smooth on the bottom. The last 2 pairs barely any use and sole starts separating then they leak. My dad has a pair about a year old same thing.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I have 3 pairs of Muck boots. One pair is the Artic. Good for ice fishing (warm). Another pair is the Mens Chore (mid). These aren’t as warm but are light and good for walking. They are easier to get on/off than the Artics. The last pair I wear all winter just running around are Ankle boots. All of them keep your feet dry. For hunting in temps above 10F, I would go with the Chore or Ankle styles.

X2 on all of it. Muck Arctic Pro for ice fishing and pheasant hunting in pretty much zero degrees. Muck chores for everything else from me, from summer yard work to fall hunting. I wear mine all the time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.