Mowing grass – yuk!

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

2-3 times a week during the rainy season in 90 degree soup. I don’t mind it much. It’s the only exercise I really get.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

2-3 times a week during the rainy season in 90 degree soup. I don’t mind it much. It’s the only exercise I really get.

Now that sounds like yuk! Probably lose a few pounds each mowing tho so there’s that.

BrianF

I’ve got two yards to keep up…lucky me! Pretty nice when it’s all done. A well kept yard says ‘I care’ and gives a sense of pride in the property; at least to me.

Attachments:
    1. CEAACE33-99B5-450F-BE44-658BD3740C48-scaled.jpeg

2. DBDD2917-EEF3-4D6D-8706-A527F4B43C11-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks real nice Brian. I even see a deer in one of them too. I just mowed mine yesterday for the first time this season. The weed n feed is evident after the rain earlier this week.

Attachments:
    1. house1.jpg

Deuces

I’ve been planting the seed with my neighbors over the years I’ll be doing a native prairie restoration, that way when I get sick of mowing even more then I do now and stop, everyone will think I’m just implementing my program.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Just move up the Interstate about a 140 miles and you wont have to worry about it nearly as much. I’ve had exactly 1 morning low temp above freezing in the last 2 weeks, and the entire yard was white with 3/4″ of snow this past Monday morning.

I can’t even get the yard raked yet, and wont need to even think about the mower til after opener some time. Tomorrow is 75, and Sunday is 45 for highs LOL. Oh well, at least there’s no snowflurries in the 10 day for the first time in awhile.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I guess “I care” is a relevant term.

Attachments:
    1. 20210430_164237-scaled.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

See!!! I said it was on the hill. jester

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Oh geeze! 🤣

Wait til the sunsets, I’ll turn on the strobe. tongue

Iowaboy1

dont turn that dang strobe on high again !!!
    SHEESH!! I gotta get some sleep ya know !! and I am 500 miles away !!

mowing grass, you guys have it rough, when I was a young old farm boy my folks thought it was a bright idea to fence in our one and a half acre yard and fill it with sheep.
    sheep do two things real well, eat grass and poop all day long, when it rained you would swear that we fertilized the lawn with four tons of nitrogen.
    to top that off the other bright idea they had was to buy a eighteen inch wide reel type push mower from monkey wards, what a POS!!!

ever try to mow four inch high grass with a dull reel type push mower??
    my folks did they everything they could to keep us boys busy.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

dont turn that dang strobe on high again !!!
    SHEESH!! I gotta get some sleep ya know !! and I am 500 miles away !!

mowing grass, you guys have it rough, when I was a young old farm boy my folks thought it was a bright idea to fence in our one and a half acre yard and fill it with sheep.
    sheep do two things real well, eat grass and poop all day long, when it rained you would swear that we fertilized the lawn with four tons of nitrogen.
    to top that off the other bright idea they had was to buy a eighteen inch wide reel type push mower from monkey wards, what a POS!!!

ever try to mow four inch high grass with a dull reel type push mower??
    my folks did they everything they could to keep us boys busy.

A busy boy stays out of trouble. I’m not sure you were always busy! devil whistling

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sheldon,
    That reminds me can I get my hip boots back?

Iowaboy1

I shipped them this morning, I guess you will need them for working in that cold water rebuilding the dock that sits below that huge hill jester

tim hurley

Wait as long as you can to mow, grass will shade the weeds.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I hate mowing. I hate that my neighbors love mowing and religiously water so that they can mow more – the noise never stops. I hate that I spent time figuring out exactly which mower would decrease mowing to the least possible time but then covid hit and my wife bought a fancy exercise bike instead.

I am going to look into the rules surrounding turning most of my lawn into “bee gardens” so it can look like I am morally superior to my chemical spreading neighbors, but really I am just not mowing.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I hate that my neighbors love mowing and religiously water so that they can mow more – the noise never stops.

Bingo.

It is ASTONISHING to me that so many people think that the ideal times to mow are:

1. Friday after work from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Yeah, when I think Friday, I think mowing. Nothing more relaxing after a tough week. Dinner? Who needs it when there’s mowing to do.

2. Saturdays from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Perfect way to relax and you can finally be the only one mowing in your neighborhood for those who HATE to share the spotlight. I wonder where everybody is?

3. Sundays. At any time. For this is the day the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and mow like hell making as much noise as humanly possible.

4. Holidays! Of all things.

I kid you not, I have one neighbor who fired up the mower on the FREAKING 4TH OF JULY at 5:00 in the afternoon! We’re just getting the patio set up for dinner and suddenly 18 of Mr Briggs & Stratton’s finest horses are turned loose for a 2 hour Independence Day mowing session.

Grouse

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.