Mowing grass – yuk!

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Looking out the window I see it is lawn mowing season once again. I despise it. The worst part is I have another bumper crop on dandelions and hate to have to mow those beautiful flowers down. Moles, Thissel and every other weed known to mankind is doing well also. doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t mind mowing because that means we’re getting rain. And given the choice between mowing and watering, I’ll pick mowing it every time.

Cool and wet > hot and dry

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I half assed mow, then the dirtbikes and wheelers take over from there. The more weeds the marrier. Never been one to worry about my lawn.
    The neighbors complain. But thats what you get for having them

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

When you have the castle on the hill EPG you need to maintain the look. Fertilizer & water equals a plush lawn the neighborhood can be proud of. grin

glenn57
    cold spring mn

When you have the castle on the hill EPG you need to maintain the look. Fertilizer & water equals a plush lawn the neighborhood can be proud of. grin

huh. What….EPG lives on a hill overlooking the little people. blush smirk whistling rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

huh. What….EPG lives on a hill overlooking the little people. blush smirk whistling rotflol

The house on the lake is sooooooo large the strobe lights mark it for low flying aircraft.

tim hurley

Favorite Foxworthy joke:

You know you are a redneck when you mow your lawn and you find a car.

B-man

I hate mowing the grass. It’s not so much the act of it…..just that every minute on a lawnmower is a minute that I’m not in the boat toast

Lots of horsepower and a wide deck help to minimize the pain lol

Iowaboy1

If I am a mow’n that means its not snow’n and that makes me happy !!
    mowing the lawn, reason # 654 to have a toddy or three depending on how long I let it grow.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I don’t like mowing. I do not mind snow blowing. I think the difference is the F$@#$ lawn has to mowed each week where snow blowing is a random event. Also my lawn is much larger than the driveway.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

They put cupholders on the lawn tractors these days. If you have to push, well that sucks to be you. I enjoy cutting grass, the smell, the sunsets, and sipping on a couple cold ones. Pop in some noise canceling ear buds and your favorite music or podcast. It really doesn’t get much better then that.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They put cupholders on the lawn tractors these days. If you have to push, well that sucks to be you. I enjoy cutting grass, the smell, the sunsets, and sipping on a couple cold ones. Pop in some noise canceling ear buds and your favorite music or podcast. It really doesn’t get much better then that.

I would half agree with this. But I half push mow, I enjoy moving and not sitting on my ass. But I also enjoy just relaxing on the rider. To bad the dirt bike and wheelers are so much funner

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I live in a humble one room home. No strobes. tongue moon

Attachments:
    1. Home-scaled.jpg

buck-slayer

Mowing grass and shaving. Two things I couldn’t wait to do when I was young. Now I hate them both.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If you have to push, well that sucks to be you. I enjoy cutting grass, the smell, the sunsets, and sipping on a couple cold ones.

I have a self propelled that takes me about 90 minutes to complete with some trimming. I have seen my neighbor mow his lawn with one of those beer-dispensing helmets.

Umy
    South Metro

I love it! 60 minutes of uninterrupted time, listening to tunes, in the sun, no questions about staff or budgets, or catalog deadlines or diapers to be changed or kids to supervise, or baseball games to get to or to go coach, my neighbors loving the sound of my voice – god, doesn’t get ANY BETTER!!!! ( except when i’m fishin)

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I hate mowing.

I used to love it but now there are just not enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished both at home, around the buildings, etc. especially with the wife adding seasonal “projects” to the list. For those who are able to take the time to apply weed and feed and then have time to mow twice as often, you are fortunate. If I ever retire, maybe I’ll get the chance to enjoy spending time keeping up the lawn. Until then, it’s just another chore.

Doug M
    SE SD

I have seen my neighbor mow his lawn with one of those beer-dispensing helmets.

The mental picture (cousin Eddie) of this makes me laugh.
    For those of you who have drinks on the mower, do you have an issue with grass, dirt and bugs getting in your beverage? Beer going flat?

Brad Dimond

Doug M. – Beer going flat?

Seriously? I’ve never had a beer go flat other than overnight when I fell asleep after several previous beers.

Doug M
    SE SD

Doug M. – Beer going flat?

Seriously? I’ve never had a beer go flat other than overnight when I fell asleep after several previous beers.

Corrected.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    I have seen my neighbor mow his lawn with one of those beer-dispensing helmets.

The mental picture (cousin Eddie) of this makes me laugh.
    For those of you who have drinks on the mower, do you have an issue with grass, dirt and bugs getting in your beverage? Beer going flat?

I have a rider with a can holder on the side. I just lean over with the palm of my hand covering the top. I only drink soda so a bit of dirt won’t kill me. In fact there is a rumor I maybe ate some dirt as a little kid. grin
    Mowing grass is what you make of it. If you hate it then it can be work. If you like it then it’s a form of relaxation. Just gotta pull the big boy pants up and do it either way. wink

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Bucky – X2 “someday” I might have a weed free lawn but for now I see it as a waste of time.

Doug – I actually just cover my beer with my hand when the debris starts flying but a little grass clippins and a few bugs never hurt nuthin.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I love mowing. Always did. 40+ years ago, it was uninterrupted time to think. With noise-canceling headphones, it is time to think or listen to music, podcasts, or books. I mow 3x a week. Twice at home, 30 minutes each time on a rider. Once at the lake, about 1hr 45 minutes on a rider. Twice each summer, I mow a hayfield that takes about 6 hours. For me, it might be more relaxing than fishing.

The other unexpected benefit is that somehow the vibration or movement of the tractors makes any back pain disappear.

Red Eye

What I hate the most is pouring dollar bills in the mower. Just to drive around the yard and dump those same dollar bills on the ground. And at the end of the day you really don’t a dam thing to show for it. Cause you’re just gonna have to do the same thing next week.
    More money in the lawn=less money for rods, reels, bait, guns, shells and land. HATE IT.

Forrest Melton
    Alexandria, MN

I love it! 60 minutes of uninterrupted time, listening to tunes, in the sun, no questions about staff or budgets, or catalog deadlines or diapers to be changed or kids to supervise, or baseball games to get to or to go coach, my neighbors loving the sound of my voice – god, doesn’t get ANY BETTER!!!! ( except when i’m fishin)

X2 stretch legs out, kick back in the seat and go!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I mow about an acre and have plenty of yard work, tree work to keep me busy all year. For the most part don’t mind it except when the bugs get bad

Having said that I could see having a place in the FL Keys later in life. One of those yards with all crushed rock (no grass) and maybe a palm tree or two. Think of all the fishing and drinking time then!

Mike West

For the beer drinkin lawn mowin (or anything else outdoors) solution.
    I have been using these for a couple years. Nothing can fly in when closed, no dust and semi spill proof.
    Fits just about every aluminum can made.

Amazon Berverage Buddee can cover

Attachments:
    1. Can-Cover.jpg

Reef W

At least the new neighbors have already managed to destroy the previous owners perfect golf course lawn. I might actually have a better lawn this year for the first time ever! I don’t love mowing but it’s not nearly as bad as leaves. I hate leaves and they are at the worst possible time of the year having to deal with them before it snows while trying to get out hunting flame

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t mind mowing, we got a Toro electric mower that’s been great and is super quiet. I do hate how many people in my neighborhood go all out on having their yard look like Amen Corner at Augusta. I’m a firm believer in this Harmon Killebrew quote, “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass’; ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys.'”

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I hate mowing as well, if I could afford the concrete I would cover it all and put up a 5 acre shed.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.