Mount for 93SV

• GoldWinger

Will a 1″ ball Ram mount be sufficient for my new 93SV?
    Other recommendations?

B-man

No.

If you don’t need it to adjust left/right your best bet is to directly bolt the factory mount right down.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Other recommendations?

I think a 1″ will be fine, I have 2 of the 73vs on a 2″ and it’s overkill. I would never direct mount that factory mount. Not nearly enough movement.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

To split the difference, I recommend a 1-1/2″ ball. That works great for me. I wouldn’t go up to 2″ unless in really rough water a lot. A 1″ ball is too small for that size Garmin. Good luck!

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GoldWinger wrote:</div>
    Other recommendations?

I think a 1″ will be fine, I have 2 of the 73vs on a 2″ and it’s overkill. I would never direct mount that factory mount. Not nearly enough movement.

That’s the whole point….it doesn’t move yay

You can still tip the graph up and down though. It’s more versatile than a flush mount.

It’s the most solid mount you can do (other than a flush)…..and best of all you don’t need to buy an add-on.

It obviously doesn’t work on every boat or for everybody.

In my big boat I have a pair of 73sv plus’s flush mounted at the helm, a GPSMap 942xs mounted overhead to the hard top with the gimbal (for radar), and a third 73sv plus mounted with the gimbal underneath the cleaning/rigging board in the back of the boat. Daddy likey )

Red Eye

Just mounted my 93 on a 1 1/2” ram mount on the snowmobile. Very rough ride up at the northwest Angle 2 weeks ago and it never moved/slipped. I don’t think I’d go any smaller.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sticker wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GoldWinger wrote:</div>
    Other recommendations?

That’s the whole point….it doesn’t move yay

You can still tip the graph up and down though. It’s more versatile than a flush mount.

It’s the most solid mount you can do (other than a flush)…..and best of all you don’t need to buy an add-on.

It obviously doesn’t work on every boat or for everybody.

In my big boat I have a pair of 73sv plus’s flush mounted at the helm, a GPSMap 942xs mounted overhead to the hard top with the gimbal (for radar), and a third 73sv plus mounted with the gimbal underneath the cleaning/rigging board in the back of the boat. Daddy likey )

Well if you have the money to put a graph in every corner of your boat good for you. If not the factor mount doesn’t have near the movement that you need. End of story!

And I agree with others that it should be a 1.5″ ball not a 1″, that was my bad.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.