More news on Mille Lacs issues?

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Public radio has made me a better, more educated person and I think if everyone listened to it our society would be better off.

With that said I pull my hair out with some of their liberal crap they put out. This being one of them.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

How was this “liberal crap”? I heard facts insightful at that. I did not here any opions said or even suggested opions. I would think “liberals” would not want the fact the tribes suggested a no walleye season out in the open so the “liberals” can further their agenda of giving what the tribes want furthering the decline of walleye. Right?

Your correct public radio does lean one way and it is a great scource of information and great progaming with the likes of ” Wait, Wait… Dont tell me and Witts, 2 of my favorite radio programs.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

The tribes and the DNR ended up compromising on a harvest of 40,000 pounds for the season

The tribes if they were SO CONCERNED could have rejected proposal and not netted at all, or just for their ceremonial stuff. Which is a joke at that, personally been to many of these ceremonies and you know how many had fish? Ha

But still, state anglers exceeded their limit for the year

Evil state anglers, don’t they know better! Oh, they don’t, they just do what the DNR tells em to.

These are facts, the article was biased, and uninformed. Its easy to see the tribe put it out there so at this point in time they would be able to fall back on it and say told ya so. Maybe you and MPR fell for it, not this guy.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

You are searching or even wanting for what you want to hear. It was just a simple report.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

And I hear that anglers encouraged a ban on netting this year, too!

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Why? rotflol

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

You are searching or even wanting for what you want to hear. It was just a simple report.

I’m no expert but words can be used quite effectively in achieving a desired result in your audience. Check out some political speech writers/advisors and their thoughts on it. It gets amazingly deep, but extremely thought provoking.

This article I pointed out specifics I was concerned with, so not sure what I’m “searching” for. But hey appreciate the conversation waytogo

And for reference I like/dislike all sides of the political spectrum. Wait Wait, and Prairie Home are listened to every week!

TripleA
    Blaine

Anyone that thinks netting during the spawn doesn’t destroy a population is a fuc***g joke. Kill every mother and wonder why there are no babies…. common sense people…. Once the lake dies completely netting & angling will end and the lake will recover through re-stocking over the following years (tax $). Then in 20 years we will do it all again. Until then keep the slots tight and wonder where the tourist dollars went.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hl&sinker wrote:</div>

I’m no expert but words can be used quite effectively in achieving a desired result in your audience. Check out some political speech writers/advisors and their thoughts on it. It gets amazingly deep, but extremely thought provoking.

This article I pointed out specifics I was concerned with, so not sure what I’m “searching” for. But hey appreciate the conversation waytogo

And for reference I like/dislike all sides of the political spectrum. Wait Wait, and Prairie Home are listened to every week!

What? No “Witts” ya gotta give it listen.
    Honestly, your view is treasured on all fronts.
    No sarcasm inteaded.

Tony Arnold
    Little Falls, MN

Anyone that thinks netting during the spawn doesn’t destroy a population is a fuc***g joke. Kill every mother and wonder why there are no babies…. common sense people…. Once the lake dies completely netting & angling will end and the lake will recover through re-stocking over the following years (tax $). Then in 20 years we will do it all again. Until then keep the slots tight and wonder where the tourist dollars went.

You do understand that no matter what time you net fish youre going to kill females right, does not matter if it is during the spawn or not. Oh yeah, I forgot when you net at any time of the year you only get males rotflol So yeah, the real common sense is understanding that netting at any time will kill females, not only during the spawn.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>triplea wrote:</div>

You do understand that no matter what time you net fish youre going to kill females right, does not matter if it is during the spawn or not. Oh yeah, I forgot when you net at any time of the year you only get males rotflol So yeah, the real common sense is understanding that netting at any time will kill females, not only during the spawn.

And you understand that if the females are allowed to spawn before they are netted there will be that many more fry in the lake right?

big_g
    Isle, MN

and everyone realizes, netting during the spawn is like dipping minnows out at the bait shop… because they are congregated in a specific area, you are netting huge amounts of “spawning” walleye, unlike if you net after the spawn, the walleye are spread out and you are netting walleyes that spawned and those that do not. (people do know not every walleye spawns or fertilizes…. right ?) netting during the spawn ensures they are taking only the reproductive fish… = bad deal.

gonefishin

Has anyone seen any data that the DNR uses for their theory on enough eggs hatching but not making it through?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Has anyone seen any data that the DNR uses for their theory on enough eggs hatching but not making it through?

Yes, they had that information at the public meetings last summer. If I remember correctly, they are able to determine spawning success that fall when they do electro shocking. Data has showed that those numbers are good. The data showed by 1.5 and 2.5 years they were almost non-existent.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.