CATFISH

• fisherman79
    Hastings Minnesota

I hear tha there are some nice catfish in the minnesota is that true? And if it is can someone help find some, Thanks MUch , DAVE

shayla

Catfish? Did someone say Catfish? I’ll show you Exactly what to use, Exactly where to use it, but I can only show you on June 17th, July 8th. and 29th., and August 12th. I’m busy every other day.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s a very good, if not great river for cats! I’ve fished it a couple times with friends.

What kind of cats are you looking for? Although I can’t give you exact locations, I’ll try my best to help you feel the bite!

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Dave, where do you live? There are some real impressive mudeyes in the Minnesota river system. The only thing that will hold you back to some extent would be high water conditions…It can be very frustrating at times.

If your like some people and regularly outfished by twin cockapoos, you may want to go with someone who can show you around.

Hey Brian, You got friends that fish the Minnesota?

emover
    Malcom, IA

naw it’s just tooo easy

dave

fisherman79
    Hastings Minnesota

I live in Hastings MN just south east of the cities..

ErikCatman

The Minnesota is a great cat river I’ve fished it my whole life.

mr-special
    MPLS

Yep, the MN does have some good catfishing. But I saw you live in Hastings. I’ve got into some very good cating down that way also. The only reason I don’t fish it that often now is gas prices. Email me if ya want some spots down there
    phillip dot sengchanh at honeywell dot com

Later

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry, I don’t check here too often and been kinda busy lately.

Fisherman, were you looking for flatheads or channel cats. Table fair or photos?

fisherman79
    Hastings Minnesota

I am looking for flatheads.

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Born and raised on the minnesota river between Fairfax and Sleepy Eye had not been back for a long time went back in august and fished or should I say fed the flatties it was like bringing a knife to a gun fight I only had bass and walleye gear when I stopped. Needless to say about three am
    it started the first fish hit a six inch chub and never looked back. Bass rod 14lb test spooled when I cranked the drag down trying to turn her the line snapped like a 22cal.
    We fished all night went thru about 2 doz chubs had a blast and never got a fish to the bank it was one of those awsome one after the other bite nights, I,m going back with the right gear this time so I can get some pictures.
    If your going to fish that strech from a boat bring an extra prop spoke to dnr bio that works that strech he goes thru one or two a month and he know the area fish snags, and deeper holes in summer have not fished it in the spring since I was about 10yrs old and we moved away sad to say my secret hole has been leased by some twin cities dudes and you have to have permission to enter. I’m lucky enough to have gotten life long access from the farmer bless his heart so I’m good as long as it stays in the family. Chippman

larry_haugh
    MN

MN river is a great river! Its where I cut my teeth on Big FlatCats… 20+lbrs if you call them big. They have nice channels as well we’ve managed pull some 10+lbrs on suckers as well.
    Mission this year is to top 35lbs at least on the MN.
    thanks
    Larry

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here’s a cat caught just couple hours from MN.

larry_haugh
    MN

Thats a beauty!!
    was it caught recently? or last fall?

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Flatheads are the cat’s meow! Larry, you set a very reachable goal..spend the time and you will have a good chance at a fish 35-40# …and a shot close to 50 Good Luck This Season!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.