Dec 26-30 up north tips?

• bofferdahl
    Maple Grove, MN

I am heading up north for a few days of ice fishing. Plan to fish LOW, Winnie, maybe Red. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go, baits, colors, etc? Thanks in advance and stay safe! Also, will Winnie and Red be ready for trucks?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Whinnie, I would not expect truck travel. I have done well on structure there with perch/gold Frosties and Doodle bugs in greens. Im not sure if the humps in the N centeral basin are goin yet but would be worth bopin around on.

Red, no info maybe look up Johnny P or Cookie

LOW fish 18-24′ maybe a bit deeper if you are out of Light House Gap on the Canadian border. Typically I start with spoons in pink, gold or green and a dead stick with almost anything from a plain hoof to a Moon Glow or Gemini. When there last week some were supriced I found shiners. Sounds like they are slim this year. Luckys on the east side of Baudette had them. Keep an eye on your graph and alter lures or actions if there are just sniffers OR location if no lookers. Good Luck

If you are making more trips this year I am always looking for guys to go with, helps with the costs. Espicially to LOW with $3.00 fuel at 11mpg. -Mark

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

will be on LoTW from the 26th through the 29th…i shall post some reports on how it is….probably wont have the sleds with as this is a family trip and its more about the time spent together than fish caught…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.