Washington lake in Meeker county?

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Anyone know anything about it?
    Thinking of taking the wife out saturday and was looking for a not to crowded lake to try for crappies, walleyes or most anything else.

tia

Al

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Fished it 20 years ago w/ the old man, caught some real nice eyes and talked for the next 20 years about how we need to get back on that lake….never did.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Thanks, we’re just going though the fishing conection books and looking for a ok lake to fish on.

It seemed to be a bit futher from the metro than some and it looks like a decent sized lake.

I’ll let ya know how it goes.

Al

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We (Dad) and I fished it frequently 30+ years ago.

Ran into a spinner/minnow bite on the sw corner and I’ve done ok on some rocks on the N..NW corner.

Or was that Bell Lake…never mind! Have fun! Some dandy pike in Stella across the road.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Thanks Brian, if its just across the road we can always try it also.

Washington isn’t cut in stone, justed looked good
    Al

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Washington ended up being the one we went to, took 7 out to try and avoid traffic, got on the late about 2, figures it’d be windy and hard to bobber fish, but we tried slip bobbers with jigs, jigs and minnows, jigs and leeches, and just minnows and leeches…nothing.

We tried just jigs, jigs and leeches and jigs and minnows…see a pattern here?

Nothing, hell not much showing on the depth finders either, we tried weeds, no weeds, shallow weeds, deep no weeds…just not our day…

Then to make matters worse, we ended up heading back in on hiway 12.that was a mistake, between the detours and the big hoopla letting out downtowm mpls it took almost 3.5 hours to get home.

Well….we remembered to pull the drain plug so it wasn’t a total loss..:)

Al

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Should have been there 20 years go. I guess you missed the bite!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Should have been there 20 years go. I guess you missed the bite!

We sure must have, considering what we all tried and the wife uncanny ability to catch fish, especially something we were not fishing for, I’d thought we’d hit some perch, stray northern or even a bullhead..nothing.

I don’t doubt they are in there, just confused as to where and what we should have used????

Changing weather and wind didn’t help, but I was supprised we got skunked.

Al

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Since you loved that drive out Highway 12, you can check out Collinwood Lake too. For 4-5 weeks a year, you can have a limit in an hour. The rest of the time it is the dead sea.

Lotto fishing!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Since you loved that drive out Highway 12, you can check out Collinwood Lake too. For 4-5 weeks a year, you can have a limit in an hour. The rest of the time it is the dead sea.

Lotto fishing!

Ya, I’ll be heading out 12 any minute now…uh huh..

I think we’ll maybe try Clearwater out by Buffalo, either that or Cedar next, I have a secret spot on clearwater we can go get skunked at..:)

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Your wife still hasn’t fired you as a guide? That is one patient woman……

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry to hear it was a dud for ya Al.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Your wife still hasn’t fired you as a guide? That is one patient woman……

Ya, but she’s killing me with the double your money back guarantee…:)

No prob Brian, we’ve been skunked before, but I just figured in all them weeds something would have bit, could have been weather, seems there was a small club tourney going on that day and the 2 boats we talked to were not having much better luck.

I think the three hour drive home was the worse part of the day…er..night.

Al

whitetailhunter1

To bad about Washington. I had one awesome opener on that lake about 20 years ago. Monster crappie and a 22 1/2″ female bucketmouth that went back. Next Time try Lake Koronis by paynesville. Can almost guarantee you will not get skunked.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

To bad about Washington. I had one awesome opener on that lake about 20 years ago. Monster crappie and a 22 1/2″ female bucketmouth that went back. Next Time try Lake Koronis by paynesville. Can almost guarantee you will not get skunked.

Thanks, will give it a shot.

Al

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.