Give Blood

• irishjigs

All,

I know by now, all probably are aware of the bridge collapse on 35W in Minneapolis. I am asking all that are able, to give blood to your local blood center. The blood bank was low before this happened, and now it is drastically low.

I know this isn’t a normal post on this site, but I feel the circumstances call for it.

Thank you in advance,

Gregg Maloney

chappy
    Hastings, MN

It’s amazing that the only time people are asked to give blood is when something like this happens! I give blood as often as I can here at work,but with the plant of 700+ people that they might get 50-60 pints!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I can’t stand needles. Absolutely gives me the heebie-jeebies. However, I started giving blood last April(?) and again in June. And I can give blood again now. And I will. So if a big scaredycat like me can give blood. Anybody can give blood!

dd

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

If I wasn’t already in the hospital with enough morphine and other narc’s running through me… I would be the first in line!!!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Geez Dave! Sorry to hear that. Is this posted somewhere else? I didn’t know you were in the hospital. Hope you have a quick recovery!

Joel

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Just posted a question/comment in the general forum… Screwed up my back good and proper. Good news is… got the IV out today and am on Percaset (?sp), Predinzone (steroid) and Vallium. Hoping to get out tomorrow or maybe Monday. Still hurts like hell to walk… but what can ya do. Thanks for the well wishes!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hope you’re better soon! But be careful with the percoset and vallium. Thems some mighty happy drugs! Folks have a tendency to like them a lot!

dd

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Thanks… Actually… 24 hours later… I haven’t touched either of them pills. I can’t stand feeling goofy and messed up like them pills make me feel. I did take a vicadin that I had prescribed to me last week when my back first started acting up… but other than that, asprin has been all I am willing to take. Guess that is a good thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.