Really bad trip

• mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Well lets say a sad day. Last Sat am the wife & I headed up to our land for some time on the water, We got just outside longville when the trip turned bad, A Deer ran out & When I tried to slide to the right alittle we dropped into a crater on the side off the road ripping my axle off my trailer, That’s when we(I) had my hands full.
    At just over the speed limit, we were in one ditch & back over the road to the other side & ended up in the ditch . Everybody was alright Thank GOD. As for the boat, it didn’t do so well, & I’m having alittle trouble with my ins.
    Co. Had to buy a used trailer, (That was to big) just to salvage something for the week, So I’ll share some pics,
    The wife really got some nice eyes on woman lake when we finally did get to the water,
    Looks like it will be awhile till I can get another boat,
    I re-did this boat inside & out in 98. I feel like I lost my right arm,
    I didn’t need this to happen, I got a tourny in sept & looks like I’ll have no boat, Does it get any worse?
    Yes, Over the week with the wife my cell phone died, stepped on a hook, Got stung by bee’s, AND there’s alot more. What a bad trip.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

The wife kicked my butt

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

With the last picture…it looks like you salvage a bad trip.

If you think about it with all the trips a person take in there life…one of them HAS to be a bad one.

Most importantly..Everyone is ok!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

WOW I’ll say you ended up pretty lucky, considering all that could’ve happened. Good to hear the wife and you are alright. Thats a pretty interesting event.

packerhater
    Rochester,Mn

Doug glad to see you and Kelly made home ok. Nice wallys.

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Wow! never seen that happen. Glad everyone was ok, it could have been alot worse!

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

I don’t wish that trip on anyone!

Especially the part about your wife kicking your butt!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That is terrible. I’ve never seen an axle come right out like that. It must’ve been one heck of a ride.
    Thankful no one was injured.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Glad to here you and yours are ok doug! I am sorry about the boat/trailer. I would have thrown in the towel…good to see you still caught some fish!!

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Thanks guy’s. Yes it could’ve turned out alot different.
    Still don’t know how I keep us out of the woods. I’m missing my boat already. Seems my ins. won’t cover this. All out of pocket. Man am I blue!!!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Glad to know everyone was ok. I have never saw anything like that. Did the bolts break loose on the leaf springs, or what caused it to come off? Glad to see you still got out fishing and still caught some fish, and good ones at that. Not to pry into things but I was just wondering why the insurance company wont cover it? Once again I’m glad to see everyone is ok and you still saved a bad trip and made it ok. Hope you get a new boat soon so you can still get out fishing.

Eric

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Why wouldn’t your insurance cover this?

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

I meet with him today & I’ll post tonight. He’s telling me my full coverage don’t cover pulling the boat, It would’ve covered if the boat or axle would’ve hit someone else. That’s not what he told me last time we talked. I’ll let ya know.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Gotta love insurance agents. Makes you want to put a knee in their throat, doesn’t it. Glad everyone is OK!!!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

That is nuts! Thank God you are ok!

Glad you salvaged your trip with some nice eyes!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Glad that everyone is OK! We had something similar happen to us in Canada a few years back. Nothing can turn a trip south faster.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Dude,I have the same agent that Doug doe’s and he told me the same thing.That if I had a problem with anything I was towing it would be covered.
    Well I talked to him and the story changed,now he tells me that it would only cover liability.What is up with that?
    Now I have to go insurance shopping myself,not for the fact that it does’nt cover the towed item,but that I can’t trust my insurance agent.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Looks like I’m going to take it in the shorts from my ins. co. I won’t go naming them But you can bet I’m switching after 25yrs with the same one, Just can’t beleive that they’re letting me out to hang. ALL out of pocket. Wait, I get 75.00 of my 170.00 towing. Don’t even fill my truck.

It ripped the welds on the shackles(spelling)

Bob Bowman
    MN

I think both of you should look to Progressive for boat insurance. I made a phone call to my agent after reading your post. Not to rub salt in an open wound, but Progressive would have covered this. Not only would it have been covered, your towing bill would have also been covered 100%. They also offer total replacement loss, which means that if you tell them that your boat is worth say 25K, and the boat is a total loss, they give you the entire 25K to replace your rig. I have been very happy with Progressive. Just my 2cents. Again I am very sorry to hear of the bad trip, but again I am glad that everyone is a ok

Bob Bowman
    MN

The way that it was explained to me, is that if you have comp and collision it should be covered. You did not hit the deer so the collision would not cover it, but the comp should. If your boat insurance will not cover it, will your auto coverage because you were pulling the trailer with your truck? Man I feel for ya . If you are still thinking about fishing that tourny in Sept, PM me, may have room for another body if you want to fish it

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

what tourney are you talking about and where abouts is it. I may even be game to come down and fish it with my new rig, just to be sure he can get out.

shane

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Hey Bob,
    What we were trying to say was if you are towing anything (ATV,boat,trailer) it would not be covered under our auto insurance exept for liability.When we asked the agent before he said it would be covered.
    So if I am towing a friends boat it would not be covered unless it has it’s own policy.
    The tourny he is talking about is the Muskies inc. tourney in Walker,it is the biggest Muskie tourney in the U.S.
    Don

Bob Bowman
    MN

I know what tourny you are talking about, and if you are serious about fishing it, I will make room in the boat. BIG LAKE….Nuf said!!! Serious, you are more then welcome in my boat for the tourny, just PM me and we can make plans

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

never fished the big ones but then again, I have seen them lurking in the shallows while fishing bass. but I would hate to see someone miss a tourney like that due to the fact that they can’t get out. if you want to see my boat, just look at the post new ride. it is a 17 ft traker pro guide v17. oh yeah, what does it cost to enter that tourney?

shane

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

$70.00 a person, Sept 8,9 10th

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

cool, I was figuring it would be a huge amount.
    but I just realized that I would need some big lures to catch them toothy critters.

shane

HONEEYE
    Bayport Mn

I got separate boat insurance.Will homeowners cover it?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.