MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

BTW, HUGE sale at the X. 75% off all Wild merchandise. I walked over and got 3 hats yesterday. I might wander back today for another look.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

BTW, HUGE sale at the X. 75% off all Wild merchandise. I walked over and got 3 hats yesterday. I might wander back today for another look.

Probably because the Wild are overhauling their whole look for 2017-18 season. New sweaters and everything. Must be time to clear out the old stuff.

I hope they keep the green home alternate sweater, one of the classiest looks in the NHL.

Grouse

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My hockey fan co-worker said it was because Nike is taking over from Reebok as the official provider of NHL gear. So EVERYTHING has to go.

I am debating a pretty sweet Nino national team jersey

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

My hockey fan co-worker said it was because Nike is taking over from Reebok as the official provider of NHL gear. So EVERYTHING has to go.

Actually, Adidas will be the label on the 2017-18 NHL team gear. This is not much of a change, Adidas is the parent company of the current label, Reebok.

The Wild are one of 13 teams that will be changing to a new design. No word on how big of a change this will be.

Just as a point of order, in hockey, players wear sweaters. Jerseys are for lesser sports like football and basketball.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Damn! I am only seeing mostly jerseys 75% off online and none in my size…I don’t think. I don’t know how they size authentic jerseys, but I assume when there are 3-4 sizes in high numbers they are XXL and larger.

CaptainMusky

Damn! I am only seeing mostly jerseys 75% off online and none in my size…I don’t think. I don’t know how they size authentic jerseys, but I assume when there are 3-4 sizes in high numbers they are XXL and larger.

Bigger is better Pug! No one wants to see anyone in a compression fitting hockey sweater!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Bigger is better Pug! No one wants to see anyone in a compression fitting hockey sweater!

Unless you’re an enforcer. Like Mike. smash

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>
    So now after 5 games Murray is the reason the Penguins are in the finals.

You are grasping at straws, and not looking at the facts.

You are struggling with reading comprehension. I said (and I will quote it for you) “This has been the story of this series. Goaltending, once again is what is making the difference, not the superstars.”

The only goaltender story is Nashville unable to contain Pittsburghs Scoring.

They gave up 9 goals, on 37 shots
    once again SCORING GOALS IS WHATS MAKING THE DIFFERENCE

CaptainMusky

The only goaltender story is Nashville unable to contain Pittsburghs Scoring.

They gave up 9 goals, on 37 shots
    once again SCORING GOALS IS WHATS MAKING THE DIFFERENCE

So, its not the sucky play by Rinne in the first two games its the team’s inability to “contain” Pittsburgh’s scoring? You have just become completely irrelevant.
    5 goals on 17 shots, that is a goal tending problem, simple as that. Spin it however you want, but Malkin and Crosby (superstars) have been mostly non-existent in this series. The stories of the series are Jake Guentzel (rookie) and Rinne’s terrible play the first two games.
    Guess what though, Rinne had a bounce back game and made some tremendous saves to keep Nashville within striking distance until their offense woke up in the 2nd.

CaptainMusky

The fans in Nashville are amazing! That place was rocking and the party in the street was even better. I am looking forward to next year when the Wild will have home ice throughout the playoffs and the Cup Finals are at the X and they shutdown all those streets for all of us loyal fans to party like that.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

5 goals on 17 shots, that is a goal tending problem, simple as that.

Now your starting to see the light, once you take your goal tender blinders off
    you start to understand how the game is played.

Welcome back to reality waytogo

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DaveB wrote:</div>

Actually, Adidas will be the label on the 2017-18 NHL team gear. This is not much of a change, Adidas is the parent company of the current label, Reebok.

The Wild are one of 13 teams that will be changing to a new design. No word on how big of a change this will be.

Just as a point of order, in hockey, players wear sweaters. Jerseys are for lesser sports like football and basketball.

Grouse

Agree regarding the sweaters, except for Winnipeg, they wear blouses…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The fans in Nashville are amazing!

I agree. They probably are the best non-traditional market in the NHL now.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    The fans in Nashville are amazing!

I agree. They probably are the best non-traditional market in the NHL now.

Are you kidding me? Is this just Crosby-hating talking here?

Nashville fans are the worst crybabies in the NHL. Really? Still booing Suter 5 years after he left as a free agent? Booing Shea Webber after he got TRADED for PK Subban? What a bunch of a-holes. They ought to call Nashville fans “Can’t Get Over It Nation”.

We’ve got MN fans still cheering when they introduce fan favorites like Cal Clutterbuck long after they left.

And come on with the catfish thing. What a blatant ripoff. I get that you’re a market with zero hockey tradition so you have to make sh!t up, but how about you get creative rather than rip off the dead aquatic life thing from another team? Maybe throw Nichole Kidman on the ice or something?

#Can’tGetOverItNation. I like it. Describes Nashville fans perfectly.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Are you ok?

Are you kidding me? Is this just Crosby-hating talking here?

Has nothing to do with spud, yet you inject him.

Nashville fans are the worst crybabies in the NHL. Really? Still booing Suter 5 years after he left as a free agent? Booing Shea Webber after he got TRADED for PK Subban? What a bunch of a-holes. They ought to call Nashville fans “Can’t Get Over It Nation”.

We’ve got MN fans still cheering when they introduce fan favorites like Cal Clutterbuck long after they left.

2 different ways of expressing passion and elegance. They love their team and they show it.

I’ll admit booing Suter is a bit ridiculous, but they are invested in their team and instead of butt kissing, they show it another way. They are constantly attentive to the play.

So how do you feel when Wild fans boo them when they deserve it after an awful period?

And come on with the catfish thing. What a blatant ripoff. I get that you’re a market with zero hockey tradition so you have to make sh!t up, but how about you get creative rather than rip off the dead aquatic life thing from another team? Maybe throw Nichole Kidman on the ice or something?

Throwing objects on the ice has been a tradition of some teams since 1954. What, since Detroit started it, so no one else can?

#Can’tGetOverItNation. I like it. Describes Nashville fans perfectly.

Grouse

#Can’tGetOverItNation could also describe your reply. coffee

Smashville fans are some of the greatest.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Here’s some originality

“You Suck Too!” – Classic

There is a section that has their own website and chants
    Section 303
    Loudest, proudest Predators fans live in Cellblock 303

Murray, Murray, Murray
    You Suck
    It’s all your fault
    It’s all your fault
    It’s all your fault

I’d love to watch a game there, it seems like it would be a lot of fun.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

So how do you feel when Wild fans boo them when they deserve it after an awful period?

Interesting question…
    I’ve seen some stinkers and have heard the Boo Birds. As a ticket holder you recognize any particular game is a gamble or risk because there’s no guarantee. There’s going to be some bad ones in there. I was, however, at the Bruins game resulting in Yeo’s firing. Worst sporting event I’ve ever been to. Where I draw the line: Pi$$y fans. Some boos are fine but the last thing I want to do from a recreational stand point is spend any time with a bunch of whiners.

CaptainMusky

Not sure what you are insinuating by “goal tender blinders”, since I never played the position.
    I fired a shot across the your bow because you have contended the ONLY way to win the Cup is to have superstars. I proved that wrong (along with others). The Superstars are irrelevant in this series just like you are in your evaluation of it.
    Goal tending has been the story (aside from Guentzal). Rinne was awful for 2 games, and the Preds lost. He was spectacular in game 3 and they won. Amazing what happens when you can count on the guy behind you to make some saves it turns the offense up a bit. You don’t have to waste all your energy defending and can push harder on the offensive and neutral zone.
    The Pens didn’t get a shot on goal for 38 minutes in game 1, yet they win that game in running away fashion. The Superstars Malkin and Crosby didn’t have a single shot attempt on goal between them in game 3. How again do the superstars = Cup? Kessel has been completely irrelevant as well.

CaptainMusky

Interesting question…
    I’ve seen some stinkers and have heard the Boo Birds. As a ticket holder you recognize any particular game is a gamble or risk because there’s no guarantee. There’s going to be some bad ones in there. I was, however, at the Bruins game resulting in Yeo’s firing. Worst sporting event I’ve ever been to. Where I draw the line: Pi$$y fans. Some boos are fine but the last thing I want to do from a recreational stand point is spend any time with a bunch of whiners.

I think the MN fans are getting a bit more Corporate as the team improves and the expectations rise.
    What tips me off are the goalie chants like “Crawford” when its DARLING in net OR he has saved every shot on goal to that point. You gotta get one past the goalie for that chant to remotely have any meaning.

I actually had a heckuva laugh at the Preds fans with their “Sucks” after each player introduction and the “he sucks too” after Johnson. That was pretty damn funny. Almost like a college atmosphere.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

Not sure what you are insinuating by “goal tender blinders”, since I never played the position.
    I fired a shot across the your bow because you have contended the ONLY way to win the Cup is to have superstars. I proved that wrong (along with others). The Superstars are irrelevant in this series just like you are in your evaluation of it.
    Goal tending has been the story (aside from Guentzal). Rinne was awful for 2 games, and the Preds lost. He was spectacular in game 3 and they won. Amazing what happens when you can count on the guy behind you to make some saves it turns the offense up a bit. You don’t have to waste all your energy defending and can push harder on the offensive and neutral zone.
    The Pens didn’t get a shot on goal for 38 minutes in game 1, yet they win that game in running away fashion. The Superstars Malkin and Crosby didn’t have a single shot attempt on goal between them in game 3. How again do the superstars = Cup? Kessel has been completely irrelevant as well.

Hard to argue with that!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Tensions are getting high again. Can’t wait for the cup to be awarded.

Next year at this time I’ll have to google who won the cup in 2017. coffee

The off-season has the potential to be extremely eventful, but also has the possibility to be the complete opposite.

Fletcher may be in the final 3 years of his tenure. The moves made this summer will determine his future.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I proved that wrong (along with others). The Superstars are irrelevant in this series just like you are in your evaluation of it.

You have too look at a play as it develops and you will see what you continue to deny seeing. But hey if you can’t see whats happening on the ice when the play moves at such a fast pace, So be it.

Top 5 points Pts G A
    1 E. Malkin, Pit 26 9 17
    2 S. Crosby, Pit 23 7 16
    3 J. Guentzel, Pi 20 13 7
    4 P. Kessel, Pit 20 7 13
    5 R. Getzlaf, Anh 19 8 11
    Goals
    1 J. Guentzel, Pit 13
    2t E. Malkin, Pit 9
    2t J. Silfverberg, Anh 9
    4t F. Forsberg, Nsh 8
    4t R. Getzlaf, Anh 8

GAA
    1 J. Saros, Nsh 0.00
    2 C. Johnson, Cgy 1.15
    3 M. Jones, SJ 1.75
    4 C. Price, Mon 1.86
    5 D. Dubnyk, Min 1.86

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Has nothing to do with spud, yet you inject him.

Well, you brought him up first. lol

There’s a not-so-fine line between fan passion and just being a jackwad.

Getting on the opposing goalie? OK, not especially creative, but everybody does it. It can mildly amusing. For a while.

Chanting “you suck” in unison at any point? Again, not especially creative or original. The “sucks” during player intros has been done since the 1980s.

I will give the Nashville fans extra credit for being loud. I don’t know how much the arena contributes to this, but good work there.

Booing players who left as free agents or were traded? Get over it. Strictly a d!ck move. I can’t think of any team that boos former players like the Can’t Get Over It Nation does, especially 5 years later. It’s a pro sport. Players coming/going is a fact of life. Can’t imagine Wild fans booing someone like Matt Cullen or Brent Burns every time they touch the puck for years after they’ve left.

Throwing seafood on the ice? Original when Detroit did it and with a unique backstory. Nashville fan’s attempt is a lame-o copycat act. Try harder.

Booing your own team? Don’t like it and don’t do it. I may get on individual players for poor play. And of course, I wasn’t a big Mike Yeo fan rotflol . But I think booing an entire team is bad form. What, like you think they ALL weren’t trying to win?

Grouse

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

In recent years, of the two sports I attend two names that were consistently booed by MN fans come to mind: Todd Bertuzzi & Alex Rodriguez.

I do remember some guy that claimed to be a “super fan” that was the only one in the arena razzing Duane Roloson after he moved to Edmonton. So much so fans sitting in the same section told him to give it a rest.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

In recent years, of the two sports I attend two names that were consistently booed by MN fans come to mind: Todd Bertuzzi & Alex Rodriguez.

Yeah but they weren’t booing just because they used to play for us.

Grouse

CaptainMusky

I proved that wrong (along with others). The Superstars are irrelevant in this series just like you are in your evaluation of it.

You have too look at a play as it develops and you will see what you continue to deny seeing. But hey if you can’t see whats happening on the ice when the play moves at such a fast pace, So be it.

Top 5 points Pts G A
    1 E. Malkin, Pit 26 9 17
    2 S. Crosby, Pit 23 7 16
    3 J. Guentzel, Pi 20 13 7
    4 P. Kessel, Pit 20 7 13
    5 R. Getzlaf, Anh 19 8 11
    Goals
    1 J. Guentzel, Pit 13
    2t E. Malkin, Pit 9
    2t J. Silfverberg, Anh 9
    4t F. Forsberg, Nsh 8
    4t R. Getzlaf, Anh 8

GAA
    1 J. Saros, Nsh 0.00
    2 C. Johnson, Cgy 1.15
    3 M. Jones, SJ 1.75
    4 C. Price, Mon 1.86
    5 D. Dubnyk, Min 1.86

What part of “this series” is so hard for you to understand? Would you like me to post all the stats of the so-called “super stars” in this series? I really don’t think you want to, but THIS SERIES I have said, they are irrelevant thus far, but you contend you cannot win without them. The Pens have proven they can win 2 games thus far with squat from any of theirs stars. That’s been my point. I don’t think I could put it any clearer for you, but I suppose you with rinse and repeat your last response and push back the keyboard and ask mom for another grape soda content with the internet “burn” you just completed. coffee

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What would you guys think of a Wild gtg? Pun intended.

You guys can arm wrestle, thumb wrestle, paper-rock-scissors or whatever to solve your arguments.

Only requirement is that you need to have a 3 wise men before it starts. You can drink grape soda or whatever you want after that.

ajaikens31
    Big Rapids, Michigan

You guys can arm wrestle, thumb wrestle, paper-rock-scissors or whatever to solve your arguments.

Only requirement is that you need to have a 3 wise men before it starts. You can drink grape soda or whatever you want after that.

Haha! I live in Michigan right now and I would definitely make the drive if I could guarantee everyone would be there.

deertracker

Oooh. I love 3 wise men. I once had a few too many and told the bartender to “give me all the wise men you got”. It was a rough morning.
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Time for a Google search.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,501 through 1,530 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.