MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It’s kind of a shame that turned into a one-goal-wins-it series, but that’s the way it goes. Ottowa is going to be a force for years to come with that lineup.

But I have to say the Pens showed the benefits of veteran talent that have been there/done that before. Crosby is as good as a distraction as he is a player, when he’s on the ice teams have to play him, not their own game.

Nashville’s going to have the benefit of extra days of rest, I hope they can take advantage of it and come out fast.

This is going to be a good series.

Predictions?

Personally, I’m having a tough time seeing Nashville holding up against the grind of a deep and dangerous Pittsburgh team. Pekka will need to win not just a game, but multiple games for Nashville to have any chance and that’s difficult against the Pens because they can hold their own defensively and win low scoring games.

Pittsburgh in 6.

Grouse

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>
    The Penguins would have to be conSydered to have a great shot at repeating if they weren’t so banged up entering the playoffs. If they get through the first round and get some key players back Look out!

2ND Round predictions?
    Well,The Capitols were’nt a complete whiff, but I’m sticking with the rest

So Spud gets his name on the Cup once more. coffee coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have a feeling it’s Smashville’s year. I just wish they hadn’t lost Johansson.

Good news for the Andersons. Craig Andersons wife is cancer free!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Who ever ends up with the cup they have certainly earned it.Thats the great thing about Stanley Cup hockey, if you win it you have earned it.
    Let’s get it on!

I am pulling for the Penguins waytogo

coffee

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So now we are ruining Hockey by allowing instant replay on a off sides call. smirk

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The fix is on. Spud interference on a 5-3 when it should have been 4-3. Daily should have been called for embellishment.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

So now we are ruining Hockey by allowing instant replay on a off sides call. smirk

Just like baseball you get a Coaches challenge. Offsides has been one of the more common challenges this year.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I wonder if they will ever alter the offsides challenge rule. At least with the goalie interference challenge, the interference in question happens as a goal is being scored, therefore you aren’t really “going back in time” and killing the flow of the game.

Imagine if the team barely enters the zone offsides and play goes on for 2 or 3 minutes in the zone where the defensive team turns it over multiple times, so the puck changes posession multiple times.

The problem is I don’t know how you could alter the rule in a way that wouldn’t cause more problems.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Assistant coach Scott Stevens just resigned from the team to spend more time with his family….

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Assistant coach Scott Stevens just resigned from the team to spend more time with his family….

Dang. A huge loss for the Wild. Very tough to replace someone with that much experience. Stevens’ street cred with the players was obviously huge.

As a player, well, I’d put Stevens down as a “wish we had him on our side” player. He has some of the most epic open ice hits in modern hockey. I can recall thinking several times that players who like to circle the net or curl into the zone and skate east-west like Kane and McDavid would have lived in mortal fear in the Stevens era. You’d better have had your head on a swivel if you liked to dance and prance with the puck while Stevens was on the ice.

A big loss for the Wild.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Malkin gives good hugs.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Nashville is out of gas. They drained the tank getting to game 1.

Overwhelming depth on the Pens side. Not going to be pretty for Nashville.

Grouse

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Nashvilles Goaltender has not been making the saves he was able to make in the three prior series.
    Sure is fun watching Guentzel lighting it up.

CaptainMusky

Nashvilles Goaltender has not been making the saves he was able to make in the three prior series.

This has been the story of this series. Goaltending, once again is what is making the difference, not the superstars.
    Rinne played lights out to get them here and they need him to continue that or they are toast.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

This has been the story of this series. Goaltending, once again is what is making the difference, not the superstars.
    Rinne played lights out to get them here and they need him to continue that or they are toast.

LMAO… Yea the goaltending has been spectacular doah

Just Ask Crosby, Malkin and Guentzal

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well, we could ask Matt Murray.

It seems like the Preds are unable to handle the pressure. They don’t even look like the same team. Scoring the first 2 goals of each game (1 disallowed) they react like it’s the OT winner of game seven. As soon as the Penguins score they start running around, chasing and getting away from their game.

That’s really where a team like the Pens, Hawks, etc have the advantage of experience and being there.

Were’t the Hawks players saying “The pressure is on them now” when they were down 0-3 against the Preds? Winning teams don’t stray from the game plan and are confident because no matter what, they expect to win.

Now look at the Wild. Every year in the back of their heads they will be fearing and waiting for the wheels to come off.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Hard to lay it all on Renne when the Preads are scoring a massive 1.5 goals a game as the series average.

The Pens are just a really, really good team across all lines and on both sides of the puck. The Pens are just so explosive and they can wait out an opponent by giving up almost nothing and then bang-o. Leave the door open a crack and they score multiple goals.

Yes, Pug, that was a classic line. The pressure is all on them. I loved that one too. The only pressure Nashville was feeling then was whether the were going to terminate Chicago in 4 games or 5.

Grouse

CaptainMusky

I was talking about the play of Murray or are you obtuse? His play has made the difference or I guess you could say Rinne playing like garbage.

Hoyt4
    NULL

And the Pens are shorthanded without Letang. I hope they keep rolling. Preds will need that home ice to help and it will be crazy there.

CaptainMusky

And the Pens are shorthanded without Letang. I hope they keep rolling. Preds will need that home ice to help and it will be crazy there.

Well, since we are talking about players out with injuries, Johanssen and Fialka have been out a considerable amount of time. IMO those two players mean more to the Preds, than Letang to the Pens.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I was talking about the play of Murray or are you obtuse? His play has made the difference or I guess you could say Rinne playing like garbage.

So now after 5 games Murray is the reason the Penguins are in the finals.

You are grasping at straws, and not looking at the facts.

CaptainMusky

So now after 5 games Murray is the reason the Penguins are in the finals.

You are grasping at straws, and not looking at the facts.

You are struggling with reading comprehension. I said (and I will quote it for you) “This has been the story of this series. Goaltending, once again is what is making the difference, not the superstars.”

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sometimes you guys remind me of Roenick and Milbury

null

Milbury is an idiot.

CaptainMusky

Milbury is like Dr Phil. Only there for stirring the pot.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t know if I hate Pierre or Milbury more…probably Milbury.

I sure miss Barry Melrose.

CaptainMusky

I don’t know if I hate Pierre or Milbury more…probably Milbury.

I sure miss Barry Melrose.

Yeah, that is a tough one. Pierre I kind of just shake my head and laugh him off because he doesn’t say anything controversial, but Milbury is always “clowning”.
    The part I hate the most is how they just continue to talk about certain teams/players its exhausting. You can clearly tell which players/teams are their favorites.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have gone soft on Pierre now that he is between the benches. He’s more of a butt kisser than anything.

Remember when he was on a shortlist to replace Lemaire or was it to replace Richards?

Viewing 30 posts - 1,471 through 1,500 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.