MN Wild 2016-17 – Official thread.

• Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

It was interesting how Nashville didn’t seem to have any issues scoring against the blues…… of course Nashville is red hot right now with loads of confidence.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It didn’t look like the same Allen we saw for sure. But a lot may have had to do with Smashville scoring first on a nice tip with net front presence. Second goal was soft as hell. 3rd goal bodies in front, you get the bounce and make your own luck, not unlike the Nino goal that was waved off. 4th goal, that’s the Allen I know. Trying to reach for a puck when he should have stayed in net.

CaptainMusky

Just Googled it and Fiala has a fractured Femur.

Oof, that isn’t a good injury to come back from. One of my buddies did that and never played the same afterwards. Granted, he was nowhere near the talent as these NHLers, but it will likely be a long road for Fiala. Silver lining I guess is he is still fairly young.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Devils will still come way ahead in that Trade, Hall can be an elite player, Larson is just a steady D….Edmonton was trading from a strength though and had Paulijarvi ready to take Hall’s slot…it’s too bad the Wild couldn’t have swung the rumored Brodin for Hall trade that was axed last minute by Edmonton before they went with Larson.

Preds seemed to have alot more beef in front of Allen most of the night, something the Wild was terrible at…Goalie can’t stop what he can’t see…it also seemed like the Preds were able to get many more shots through to the net, resulting in rebounds, the Wild seemed content firing shots into shin pads…

CaptainMusky

the Preds were able to get many more shots through to the net, resulting in rebounds, the Wild seemed content firing shots into shin pads…

Wild have been doing that for years. They either pause too long and the lane closes up or don’t take a step to the side to free up a lane.
    They should take a note from me, aim for something and you will likely miss it. Well, I tell myself that in my golf game anyway. Rarely works.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Oilers take down the Ducks In Anaheim, it’s good seeing the new teams taking on the old guard. Canada has to be awful happy with the direction there young teams are going.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>
    Most pundits are picking Hawks v. Caps…way to go out on a limb.

It’s pretty clear that the Blackhawks are the class of the Western Conference And an Easy Pick to win it all, The Capitols in the East still have to prove they are that good.

Edmonton is about to start their first run at many Stanley Cup Championships, they should get to the conference championship game and are the only Western Conference threat to the Blackhawks.

The Penguins would have to be conSydered to have a great shot at repeating if they weren’t so banged up entering the playoffs. If they get through the first round and get some key players back Look out!

So if then the Penguins get past the Capitols, they will be the only threat to the Blackhawks 2017 Stanley Cup Championship.

2ND Round predictions?
    Well,The Blackhawks were a complete whiff, but I’m sticking with the rest waytogo

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Well,The Blackhawks were a complete whiff, but I’m sticking with the rest

Yeah. How’s about those Caps then? So far so good, eh?

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How about those Sens? I’d love to see them win the cup.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>
    Well,The Blackhawks were a complete whiff, but I’m sticking with the rest

Yeah. How’s about those Caps then? So far so good, eh?

Grouse

Yea, the Penguins walk through the first round and start getting some guys back from injury and they make a run.
    Looking like two Canadian teams in the conference finals.

And Funny watching the Predators wearing out Jake Allen and the Blues.

CaptainMusky

And Funny watching the Predators wearing out Jake Allen and the Blues.

The wild wore him down. The preds are now benefiting.
    Funny, the avs even found a way to lose the draft lottery.
    Stars and devils really lucked out.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We’ve knocked out division winners too, only to choke in the second round.

CaptainMusky

We’ve knocked out division winners too, only to choke in the second round.

is this a new Pug? Not sure I like it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No, just saying. Go Bolts!

Kassian needs to lose the mutton chops. I am embarrassed for him.

Are the Capitals the new Sharks. Remember like 3 years in a row they were favorites to win the cup only to choke.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Are the Capitals the new Sharks. Remember like 3 years in a row they were favorites to win the cup only to choke.

The Crosby vs Ovechkin rivalry is pretty lopsided. coffee

JoeMX1825
    MN

I fully expect the Caps to win the next 2 games…no way that veteran group doesn’t bounce back!

that being said, the Pen’s have overcome losing their starting goalie in game 1 warmups and Letang and haven’t missed a beat…a couple guys named Crosby, Malkin and Kessel might have something to do with that though?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Kessel……would that be Phil or Amanda? Amanda was a far better goal scorer. wave Or maybe it’s another Kessel, I dunno.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I fully expect the Caps to win the next 2 games…no way that veteran group doesn’t bounce back!

I think a split is more likely, I think the Capitols have dug to deep of a hole to recover. If they win one in Pittsburgh and then win game 5 at home they may have a chance.

bradl110

hah
    Hockey is over, lets start talking TWINS!!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

I think a split is more likely, I think the Capitols have dug to deep of a hole to recover. If they win one in Pittsburgh and then win game 5 at home they may have a chance.

Agreed, Caps are going to have a tough time coming back after losing the first two at home, but you never know. Odds are in the Pens favor by a long shot.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Agreed, Caps are going to have a tough time coming back after losing the first two at home, but you never know.

The Pens have gotten inside Holtby’s head and turned him into a twitching basket case. He may never recover. The Pens have once again turned it up to 11 when it really mattered.

If you think Wild fans have a complex about “that team” that we just can’t beat when it matters, well, we got company.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Niskanen gets Crosbied. BS call.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Watching the Pens/Caps game…Man I wish The Wild were still playing. NHL Playoff hockey is the best…

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Clutch by the Pens here
    DT

Oh sure, I remember the Pittsburgh Penguins…

Attachments:
    1. images-4.jpg

2. f0860211a52de20c0fb9db43aeac642f.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

WHAT A GAME last night! it had everything! I predict Crosby comes back for game 7

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Niskanen gets Crosbied. BS call.

I think Crosbys prior Concussions had a large part in the out come of that hit, Niskanen got hosed on that call. One of those after the fact decisions.
    The calls in that game were decidedly undecided until after the outcome.

How do you look at a replay of a goal and call it good, then reverse your decision after looking at it a second time.
    Coaches challenge? yes; but why not enforce the rules of the game the first time it gets reviewed.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

WHAT A GAME last night! it had everything! I predict Crosby comes back for game 7

I think the tomahawk swing by #8 is way worse than what Niskanen did. Refs totally screwed the pooch on that one. Niskanen is a clean player. That was not a dirty hit and I hope there are no further suspensions. I agree though: How cool would it be for Crosby to comeback in game 7!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How do you look at a replay of a goal and call it good, then reverse your decision after looking at it a second time.
    Coaches challenge? yes; but why not enforce the rules of the game the first time it gets reviewed.

Its just one of those things, there is a system in place. You can’t have a coach challenge a goalie interference at the same time because it could potentially influence the first call of whether it was a good goal or not in the first place.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think the tomahawk swing by #8 is way worse than what Niskanen did.

Yeah, that was a slash. I don’t even think they were going to call it, well they didn’t. I didn’t watch the whole game, so maybe is just seemed like Pitt got the benefit of the plays.

Looks like Fleury finally learned how to stop a puck in the playoffs.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,351 through 1,380 (of 1,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.